90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

Hi!

I am a little confused, please correct me if i am wrong.

After reading this http://videohive.net/forums/thread/new-policy-regarding-preview-assets-and-more/36454?page=1#344304 i understand that checking the little box and also writing in the description of a file the license terms for the audio used in the preview, that no other information is mandatory when submitting a file. And entering the info in the “message to reviewer” it’s not a must.

I ask because i got this message (along with a softrejected file) form the reviewer that says:

“Please provide license information for audio used in preview. Remember that you’re only allowed to use royalty free audio that is either your own creation or licensed for commercial use. Major recording artist’s doesn’t fall in any of those categories.”

I did try to contact the reviewer but since i got no answer i wrote to support witch were very kind and said: ”...I think that the reviewer was talking about license notes for the item included in the documentation for your uploaded item so that the buyer knows where the music came from and how they might acquire the license.”

Ok, but the buyer reads the description of a file right? I wrote in there all the details about the creative commons license of the audio used in the preview only, not included in the download.

Is it sufficient to write license info about media used in preview in the description field or i should include it in the documentation when i upload? How you guys do it?

Thanks!

3922 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
miseld says

Why not go easy way? Chose music from AudioJungle, there is a lot of talented and famous authors. Otherwise copy-paste license or link to reviewer, so they can be sure as they mention “Remember that you’re only allowed to use royalty free audio that is either your own creation or licensed for commercial use.”

5094 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I do both and I put a note to the reviewers in any upload, detailing where files have come from.

-f.

90 posts
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

Thanks guys!

90 posts
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

Well this is really amazing and i don’t understand anything. The file was softrejected again. Reason:

Creative commons doesn’t mean you can resell it for profit

The audio is not included in the zip file, the license details are written down, what is going on?

Are you guys mocking me like i’m some sort of beginner and have no clue about what i am doing? I must wait 1 week so you may understand that i used the audio only on the preview and now you reject the item again?

I know what commons means,, i’m not a kido. And you approved some of my files with audio from that site. The website is recommended here by the way: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/essential-resources-for-authors/38868, it is ccmixter.org

WHERE i resell the music? Please be so kind and explain to me. IT IS USED ONLY IN THE PREVIEW !

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hello Robert, sorry for the confusion. Please reply here with the ticket ID number so that I can re-open the ticket and look into it.

90 posts
+2 more
RobertHoisan says

Hello Robert, sorry for the confusion. Please reply here with the ticket ID number so that I can re-open the ticket and look into it.

Thank you, Mark.

ID: 121805. I also e-mailed Brian, he told me he will look in to it. I usually don’t get upset but it’s the second time when the file gets rejected and i don’t understand the actual reason behind the decision.

1001 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

Emailing you now. Sorry for the confusion.

by
by
by
by
by
by