• Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
potenzzza says

Hi everyone!

A question hangs over my mind!

What do you think is the best way to load images in a slideshow or a banner? Load all images from the beginning? Or load images one after the other?

Personally, I lean more to the second option … I’d be happy to know your opinion.

Thank you guys! :)

Pzzz

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

i usually do it as the banner is not loading something… so other images are being loaded seemlessly… and i also don’t load images into one movieclip… i create movieclips dynamically for each image… so next time they are gonna get shown, i only make them visible…

if you are not having hundereds of images at the same time on the stage… you can keep them stay on the scene and make them visible when they needed instead of loading them again…

5361 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

It might depend on how many images and what their size is. For example, if you have a full-screen image viewer with images sizes of 1400×1050, then loading in 50 of them would be asking the player to store a lot of memory.

1389 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says
It might depend on how many images and what their size is. For example, if you have a full-screen image viewer with images sizes of 1400×1050, then loading in 50 of them would be asking the player to store a lot of memory.

yes this is the same logic as mine… it’s hard to say something that works for all cases… so you should decide and experiment it yourself according to your project’s scale…

“if you are not having hundereds of images at the same time on the stage…”

755 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
skyplugins says

It really depends the situation, if the number of the images are more than the usual, you might think of loading them on demand, however, there is one thing that you need to be careful of. Always load one image at a time and pass the next one when finished. This will let you keep the waiting time at minimum.

by
by
by
by
by
by