643 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
navigator says

4 stars ranking can be 3.50 and also 4.49…

I believe that it will be helpful for authors to have average rankings with 2 decimal places… It can be located on author’s MyAccount/Portfolio page for every file (like average purchases and earnings)... In this way author can see if certain file loosing on popularity and react with corrections and updates. This little change can rise quality of files…

1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

+1

382 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Quantax says
4 stars ranking can be 3.50 and also 4.49… I believe that it will be helpful for authors to have average rankings with 2 decimal places… It can be located on author’s MyAccount/Portfolio page for every file (like average purchases and earnings)... In this way author can see if certain file loosing on popularity and react with corrections and updates. This little change can rise quality of files…

Could be a good idea. I agree with your thought

108 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
venataur says

This might be a bad idea per file, but how about two ratings out of 5 star.

1. A rating for the file. 2. A rating for the support. (Which can be changed at anytime.)

(Sadly my first file might have been a 3 or 4 file-wise, but the support was hopefully a 5, thus my ratings are 5 stars.) I usually value the support of a file just as much as how cool it is, thus I look at the comments for support value, yet after my first file on AD, I know I have emailed A LOT more support than what is on the comments, and others do not get to see that.

The other thought would be a rating or sliding scale for the level of difficulty to edit.

I have purchased some files that were pretty complex for anyone to edit, let alone a newbie. Maybe a slider scale rating of complexity? Maybe then newbies will be more informed on what depth of editing will involved when they purchase the file. I know that the level of difficulty can be somewhat subjective as well, but I am sure there could be some simple guidelines/ rubric as well for putting in a rating. i.e. Some XML knowledge needed, or ‘great for a newbie’

The scale could be a total combination of reviewers and buyers, and the author.

810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

+1

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
This might be a bad idea per file, but how about two ratings out of 5 star.

1. A rating for the file. 2. A rating for the support. (Which can be changed at anytime.)

It’s a good idea if afterward the rating for support wouldn’t count :D

7581 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

The support is not mandatory so it should never be rated. Just to remind everyone that if someone provide some kind of free support, even responding at some simple questions is doing a really great favor and you should really thank them for this.

About the ratings, there should be full star and half of a star. Like 4 and half stars.

1716 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
Firsh says
This might be a bad idea per file, but how about two ratings out of 5 star. 1. A rating for the file. 2. A rating for the support. (Which can be changed at anytime.)

Well only 10-20% of or dear buyers are voting imagine what would happen when they would need to vote twice :)

2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Good idea ;]

by
by
by
by