I’m seriously thinking to release a substantial part of my own as3 code framework to the community, mostly the effect part and helper classes
Code would be released under the “do whatever you like with it, no credits needed, you can also say you coded it, i’m cool with that unless you plan to sue me for copyright infringment you ingrateful ass” license
So basicly, any author could use in his own item for sale.
Point is, i don’t know if this would break any rule, so that’s why i’m asking.
Release it under MIT or BSD
Thank you bitfade !
Worth its weight in gold, i’ve seen the code and can’t say enough how effect-ive it is.
MIT , submit it over Google dev` app so we can promote you via blogs. +I won’t trash you i promise
ok so MIT but i’m lazy and my idea was more like to put a zip somewhere and provide a download link, unless there’s somebody willing to put this stuff on github or similar
being lazy also means “as is” (no support) but i could provide some of my full items free of charge to authors who request them for usage examples
Not sure if is allowed due to envato rules, so still waiting an official answer from staff
key points are:
- I don’t care about promotion
- Buyers won’t get any freebie, only interested authors i personally know
- I spent thousands hours working on this stuff, now i feel it’s the right time to share it
^ Are you officially becoming TF author and no need your framework anymore ? haha
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.