44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
koronz says

Hi All, I have to say that many but many designs are really simular. Menu’s, places of the logo and sizes, layouts and the slider thing.

@ Authors , dont get me wrong but it is reality that we hardly see unusal layout or unusal design.

• Sliders ; Most of the templates has a slider in the middle. It doesn’ t matter how they change but they have almost all the same structure, same plave on the website and the same effects.
  • Logos; Not all logo’s have the same size but all the websites are for small and same shape logos. The are Usually on the left side or right side. Sometimes in the middle.
  • Layout ; most of the layouts are the same and i don’t see unusal layout.

These are just a few points and i can show more points. I believe these are enough comments to make a point.

I respect all authors and designs. The most important thing is, don’t you thing that the time has come to make a difference.

I hope you take it as a positive feedback.

• Thanks and Regards
213 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
themelux says

While I do agree with you about some things having the same layout, that’s what the demand is for. If we were to make something different 95% of the time it would probably be overlooked and would just be a waste of time.

3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

I’m agree with most of your statements. In fact, i try to avoid it while making files. But the fact is that if you check populars you will find that users are looking for the same boring thing again and again. And from author’s perspective, is more profitable to just repeat the layout than innovate. Not sure if it’s sad, but is the way it is, and we are here to make money (although the best thing i’ve made here are friends. ;) )

44 posts
  • Located in Germany
koronz says

I’m agree with most of your statements. In fact, i try to avoid it while making files. But the fact is that if you check populars you will find that users are looking for the same boring thing again and again. And from author’s perspective, is more profitable to just repeat the layout than innovate. Not sure if it’s sad, but is the way it is, and we are here to make money (although the best thing i’ve made here are friends. ;) )
Pezflash; i just purchased on of your templates. I think your style is different and i really liked the template.I think you’ve done something different with Agora and i just purchased it :)

You’ ve also points where you’ve totally right. If many people is buying the same style; why making a difference ?

Altough, sometimes it is nice to see something different than usual, isn’t it ?

Regards

44 posts
  • Located in Germany
koronz says

While I do agree with you about some things having the same layout, that’s what the demand is for. If we were to make something different 95% of the time it would probably be overlooked and would just be a waste of time.
themelux; you’ve also right. Neverthless, having different styles, providing different styles and needs could also be positive and make a difference.

Regards

72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Ttpmc says

Creating both unique and extremely good looking template requires to put a lot attention to details which is way more difficult and time consuming than creating a generic (still good looking) layout and (like pezflash said) you don’t know if the efforts will pay off. Plus these designs (we’re talking about) are also more difficult to code so … ;)

3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

You’ ve also points where you’ve totally right. If many people is buying the same style; why making a difference ? Altough, sometimes it is nice to see something different than usual, isn’t it ?

Glad you liked it. I can show you examples from great but not top authors where innovation and originality are top notch and sales are pretty low, maybe enough to make worth the effort, but nothing out of regular. And in the other hand, new themes that follow the trend, adding a good style on overall details, getting crazy numbers. So, is normal that authors follow that path. In fact, i would do if i were not stupid (not joking).

And yes, sometimes seeing something fresh is refreshing. ;)

205 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
biyanpasau says

About the logo, so where do you want to put the logo? at the bottom?

It’s called “standardization”. Logo on top, left/right sidebar, etc. You know what i mean.

It is getting harder these day to find a uniqueness. Everything is inspired by while some is copied from.

44 posts
  • Located in Germany
koronz says

About the logo, so where do you want to put the logo? at the bottom?

It’s called “standardization”. Logo on top, left/right sidebar, etc. You know what i mean.

It is getting harder these day to find a uniqueness. Everything is inspired by while some is copied from.

Regarding logo, Logo could be at the bottom, could be in the middle, not always left or right. In the other hand, when i have a logo which has a bigger size, the whole template becomes a different style. For example i have a logo which is in a square form and large. I can’t place it in most of the templates. In this case, the template doesn’t look like before. The menu, the layout changes.. When i make the logo smaller into the template’s logo size, you can’t recognize it.

“standardization” shouldn’t stop creativity.

You’re also right with ” finding a uniqueness.”

Thanks for your reply :)

44 posts
  • Located in Germany
koronz says

Creating both unique and extremely good looking template requires to put a lot attention to details which is way more difficult and time consuming than creating a generic (still good looking) layout and (like pezflash said) you don’t know if the efforts will pay off. Plus these designs (we’re talking about) are also more difficult to code so … ;)

As the other friends mention, you’ve right too. At least a design could have differences. For example pezflash made some templates with unusual layout and navigation. I think even that kind of difference would be positive. Of course if it takes a lot of time and doesn’t pay the effort, we can’t expect more unique designs.

Well, it would be really amazing to see them, in the other hand it mus pay off the effort.

Thanks and Regards

by
by
by
by
by
by