1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

I think there is a little problem with rating system. If i upload an item and in the very beginning (e.g. in the first 15 sales) i’w got 3 ratings with 5 stars, then the next 20 sales the 4th rating again was just 5 star. After all this ratings i’w got a feedback which is just pulled down to 4stars. I think its does not shows the real value of the item. I even dont know what was the last rating, because if i calculate it, it could be even 1, 2, 3 or 4 as well. Because the result after the rounding is still 4stars. So what i mean is 5X5stars+1X4star is not equivalent to 4star even the though the mathematical calculation is right. If i would be a buyer an i would se that all the ratings are 5starts except only 1, especially that rating is only 1star i would seriously start to think about that person will-intentioned rating. And obviously as a buyer i would get a more realistic rating. Also i would like to get some comment as well when somebody rate my item with 1star.

1095 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

I have 26 ratings – 3 of them are for one item but i don’t know which other items have ratings. The rating system shows only 3 and more ratings. I think that the author must know and see which items have ratings.

360 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
tmthymllr says

Maybe this will help you understand star ratings. :)

259 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
corrella says

Oh yes, I think this is a good idea. So if someone has big trouble with an item, he could write what’s the problem, and the authors have the chance to remove the “bugs”. But I think this is not always the reason for a bad rating. I had a customer here, who asked me why the photos are not included and if I could send them for free. I told him, that this is not allowed, sent him the links to the cheap images and gave him the advice, that depositphotos have sometimes a free subscription for 7 days. I didn’t get an answer, but the next day I had a bad rating for exactly this item :-)

1095 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
TanyDi says

Oh yes, I think this is a good idea. So if someone has big trouble with an item, he could write what’s the problem, and the authors have the chance to remove the “bugs”. But I think this is not always the reason for a bad rating. I had a customer here, who asked me why the photos are not included and if I could send them for free. I told him, that this is not allowed, sent him the links to the cheap images and gave him the advice, that depositphotos have sometimes a free subscription for 7 days. I didn’t get an answer, but the next day I had a bad rating for exactly this item :-)

Corrella, how do you know that you have bad rating for this item? I don’t know how can I check my ratings. The only thing that i can see is the count of ratings. Maybe i miss something…..

259 posts
+7 more
corrella says

Corrella, how do you know that you have bad rating for this item? I don’t know how can I check my ratings. The only thing that i can see is the count of ratings. Maybe i miss something…..
I don’t know for shure, if this was this client. But there have been no ratings for my item and the other day I have seen on my profile one more rating and this item showed only 3 stars and 3 persons that rated. I only guess that it was so, I’m not shure.
1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

“I’m not sure.” – yes thats the problem exactly. We dont know how is our ratings, only the final result. Also buyers can not see that how was the rating, what comment they put beside the ratings.

259 posts
+7 more
corrella says

Oh, a “h” too much :-) I think if the buyers have to put a comment beside the rating the ratings will decrease. But I would be very glad if they let me know why they give me bad ratings.

114 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Teo_nikif says
I believe that authors should have full access to the ratings of their products. Also a sytem with comments justifying the ratings especially if they are low can help improve the products if they have bugs. If they prove to be intentionally underrated because the buyer didn’t read the combatibility paragraph before purchasing the item the rating should be deleted. d

Oh, a “h” too much :-) I think if the buyers have to put a comment beside the rating the ratings will decrease. But I would be very glad if they let me know why they give me bad ratings.
I can see your point corrella but to be honest I prefer fewer ratings and more indicative of the real item’s value rather than many unjustified and sometimes intentionally low
by
by
by
by
by
by