355 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says

Hi everyone!

I’ve just added a new “Lower Third Templates” collection to the featured items area on the VideoHive home page. We have so many great items to choose from so I wanted to open it up for you to have your best Lower Third Templates added.

If you will send me a link (via my profile) to one or two of your best Lower Third Template items then I will definitely add them to this collection.

• Please don’t send more than 2 items
  • Don’t send me a link to your portfolio for me to choose
  • Please rate the collection

If you don’t already have Lower Third items in your portfolio, now is a great time to start! I will likely run this collection through the month of January so that should give you plenty of time.

If you are interested in helping me promote this collection via Twitter or Facebook, you can hit the buttons below :)

Follow me on Twitter to be notified of future collection opportunities.

Happy new year! – Josh

620 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

You’ve got mail!

It says “PowerPoint” a couple of times in your original post,but i assume you mean “Lower Third”
355 posts
+12 more

Drat! So much for time saving ;)

311 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
modeon says

Drat! So much for time saving ;)

i will start to create tomorrow. ?t is good new thank you :)

511 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
steve314 says

By “Template” you mean only After Effects projects or do you accept Lower thirds from the Motion graphics category too? (Motion graphics can also be customized in color or duration and can also be used by Premier pro, Final cut , Avid and more NLEs…)

704 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

good question:)

By “Template” you mean only After Effects projects or do you accept Lower thirds from the Motion graphics category too? (Motion graphics can also be customized in color or duration and can also be used by Premier pro, Final cut , Avid and more NLEs…)
355 posts
+12 more

Sorry for the confusion. Motion files will be just fine :D

511 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
steve314 says

Sorry for the confusion. Motion files will be just fine :D
Great! :)
24 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
SamuelBrooks says

Wouldn’t it be fairly annoying when you have to keyframe the position/opacity (whatever) to match up with the lower thirds? Eg. You create the project in After Effects when the buyer would be using it in Premiere and then they have to keyframe where their text will be, and have it match up exactly to the motion?

I’m working on something now but I can see how it’s going to be annoying to customise later.

5180 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Wouldn’t it be fairly annoying when you have to keyframe the position/opacity (whatever) to match up with the lower thirds? Eg. You create the project in After Effects when the buyer would be using it in Premiere and then they have to keyframe where their text will be, and have it match up exactly to the motion? I’m working on something now but I can see how it’s going to be annoying to customise later.

After Effects offers much more possibility to customize motion than Premiere for instance. You might consider throwing a Premiere version of the text customization in, but that would be more of a bonus file and can’t be instead of an After Effects file.

I guess that with the advent of the Creative Cloud, that more and more users will have access to the entire Creative Suite, so it’s a good bet that users will have After Effects anyway. If you make the customization easy enough for a novice to follow, then it shouldn’t be a major hassle.

If they don’t have After Effects users can also use the 30 day trial to customize (although the licence officially only allows you to use it for evaluation purposes).

Beyond that, you may find that users will be using the lower thirds in any number of NLE packages.

A good bet is to offer the lower thirds not just as After Effects files, but also pre-rendered with alpha (and without text), to use in any editing package and without recourse to After Effects.

by
by
by
by
by
by