18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AndreiSmartik says

Hello to all. Now I’m crazy. I think most of all you know me as Smartik, a Themeforest author. But today when I tried to access again my account it said that my password was changed and then I tried to recover it, but he changed the email also. So. now I don’t know what to do.

I submited a ticket to “Envato support” and if somebody can do something asap, this will be good. Maybe to lock the account and investigate this issue. :crying:

My ticket ID: LJM-913-26340

18 posts
AndreiSmartik says

I imagine if your email address was changed, Envato would have sent an email to your old email confirming so. Look through your email archive. Tweeting https://twitter.com/envato will grab their attention quicker.

Yes I got an email, but there is only an advice to contact support if this action is not done by me. ((((

2283 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I imagine if your email address was changed, Envato would have sent an email to your old email confirming so. Look through your email archive. Tweeting https://twitter.com/envato will grab their attention quicker.
Yes I got an email, but there is only an advice to contact support if this action is not done by me. ((((

Envato need to change this immediately if it is how I am reading this – it’s a useless email if it’s not a confirmation email (confirm to change email – if you don’t, it does not change), very bad practice, especially on a site where people earn money.

Jonathan

138 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
M-Theme says

I think you may use the same password on other sites.

313 posts Tabvn
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
tabvn says

Hey My friend, any good news from Envato ? i hope you will get your account back . It’s terrible if someone hacked and delete files :(

313 posts Tabvn
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
tabvn says

Envato need to change this immediately if it is how I am reading this – it’s a useless email if it’s not a confirmation email (confirm to change email – if you don’t, it does not change), very bad practice, especially on a site where people earn money.

Jonathan

I agreed, ex: when we change or delete one of item we need a passcode that will sent via email and enter that passcode to verify and delete the file. same with if we want to change personal information. If no if account hacked we will lost all Items approved. :(

42 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
nozza Envato team says

Hello to all. Now I’m crazy. I think most of all you know me as Smartik, a Themeforest author. But today when I tried to access again my account it said that my password was changed and then I tried to recover it, but he changed the email also. So. now I don’t know what to do.

I submited a ticket to “Envato support” and if somebody can do something asap, this will be good. Maybe to lock the account and investigate this issue. :crying:

My ticket ID: LJM-913-26340

I’ve taken a look at it for you. Please check your emails :)

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Sorry to hear that man, i hope all works out and you get your stuff back. We should have a secondary password to be able to change email info.

Cheers

Lester

1590 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Its really bad :s

18 posts
AndreiSmartik says

I think you may use the same password on other sites.
No I used this password only on Envato Marketplaces.

I’ve taken a look at it for you. Please check your emails :)
Thank you, replied.
by
by
by
by
by
by