1729 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Why would you not return to the site anyway? Both flash and html offer perfect solutions usability wise. Return rate is not dependant on the platform of the site imho. If you create the site in flash that is usable like a html portal, then.. well done. It’s a bit harder, because there are CMS ’s for html, and there isn’t any that I know of for flash which is usable with multiple designs. Maybe someone needs to invent it.

915 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says
Maybe someone needs to invent it.

This is true.

257 posts luiszuno.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
Ansimuz says

If you need a site with 3d elements, multimedia navigation and FX effects on non standard fonts.

Then go for flash.

145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
bjornredemption says
Ask yourself : would you place more emphasis on 1.wowing your visitors on their first visit to your website or 2.having them return numerous times to use your services. If you choose 1 go with Flash – 2 go with HTML
Why would you not return to a site thats wowed you? If a site doesn’t wow me then I likely wont go back…

Well FWA sites are a good example actually – ‘site of the day’ is in fact exactly what its called – a site for a day – you wouldn’t return to any of them more than a couple of times – weeks later.

5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says
Well FWA sites are a good example actually – ‘site of the day’ is in fact exactly what its called – a site for a day – you wouldn’t return to any of them more than a couple of times – weeks later.

Maybe your or I, but websites are somewhat of a status symbol. If a company has a great one it creates a great impression. But if a company has a bland and generic looking website, chances are no matter how great the company really is, people who see the site won’t be picking up the phone that often :P

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
602 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
LeatherwingStudios says

when I think of all the websites I visit (probably 20 I visit daily and 10-20 new ones I follow from links) NONE of them are pure Flash. I am hard-pressed to think of the last pure Flash site I visited unless it was simply to gawk at it from a designer’s perspective.

I’m positively floored by some of the outstanding Flash website designs from a few of the top folks here but I honestly see very few opportunities to use them in real-world projects. Maybe its just the customers I deal with.

on the other hand we use Flash a LOT to add bits of sizzle and functionality to our HTML websites. we prefer it greatly to ajax. to us, Flash websites seem more time-consuming to build and maintain and the trade-offs are usually not worth it when I can still add Flash pizazz to an HTML website.

by
by
by
by
by
by