465 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

I am wanting to do a set of video tutorials for my templates. However I only want to allow people who have purchased my items to view them. Since we are restricted from having user information on who has purchased our products, that makes this difficult. I would include the video tutorials with the source files but they are huge and it would take the customers countless hours to download the source files.

If customers had a FAQ tab or Help tab like the downloads tab, where authors could provide links to video or help documentation on their servers, that only work, if the customers login has been authenticated, that would be AWESOME !!

There are WAY to many pirated copies of our software out there to provide links to online help documentation without an authenticated session ensuring the visitor has purchased our file(s).

Also countless thousands of customers are pissed off because they have to search through 30plus pages of comments to get answers to previously asked questions unless we keep answering them over and over again, which guarantees loss of income to the author and activeden because instead of spending our time productively creating new files we are stuck answering the same questions over and over again. And in order for us to keep our help documentation current we have to re upload our entire source, which ties up our internet connections for hours every day. Oh and then wait for approval, lol.

I know DS and others have suggested this countless times before but we have not seen any results. If we are truly committed to making this a better community, then we would integrate a feature like this because it is obvious that many customers are lacking up to date help information because no authors are going to tie up their internet connection for hours a day just to re upload there entire source just to change a couple lines of text in their help documentation.

The policies in place are ridiculous and counter-productive and causing a loss of income to authors, to activeden, and pissing of customers.

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

FAQ TAB !!! F-A-Q!!!

Man we really need this one soooo bad!!!

And the authenticated session links to our servers are a good idea too!!!

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
FAQ TAB !!! F-A-Q!!!

do you mean something like that? http://www.thejob.ch/

click “Noch Fragen?” and then a question…. it appears then in the left content window

when I read FAQ TAB I thought about that swiss website :D

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
I am wanting to do a set of video tutorials for my templates. However I only want to allow people who have purchased my items to view them. Since we are restricted from having user information on who has purchased our products, that makes this difficult. I would include the video tutorials with the source files but they are huge and it would take the customers countless hours to download the source files.

why you not make a screencast tutorial with screenr? it’s free and you only need a headset to record your voice :) you can write the url in your helpfile….... and nobody has to download such big sizes of videos, Nettuts plus is also using Screenr for their screencasts

http://screenr.com

watch the 1-minute tour for more

465 posts
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

doesn’t even have to be anything complex like that just a tab for faq. And then a spot where we can upload text docs, or video links for the files they have purchased from us.

465 posts
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

The problem with non authenticated links to video tutorials. Is pirates would post these links all over the place and not only would be able to steal our work, but then get free help to boot.

2114 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

FAQs tab and rating comment box :D

629 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

This is indeed a great Idea. I would be very happy if we could get a basic FAQ Tab, nothing fancy at first, and if people like it (and I am sure they will) improve the functionality of the tab =)

465 posts
+5 more
uiuxaesthetics says

Thanks for the post Kriesi! If we shout loud we might be heard.

4664 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

FAQ Tab please (again)..

How many times have you authors had a question from a buyer and had to say “yes I’ve answered that question previously, please go through the comments” and then the buyer saying they can’t find it or they don’t have time to go through 30 pages of comments… this is why we need a FAQ TAB !!

by
by
by
by
by
by