1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
retropaw says

Hey guys. I’m Retropaw, author of two christmas-related files. I’m currently working on a new Xmas Flash Game or two but I realised that weekly sales of the top authors seem dramatically decreased from previous years. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it since iPad and iPhone dominated things and being non-flash compatible, people turn to other platforms? Or should we keep at it with Flash?

3670 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I’m afraid the forums is not a place to explicitly mention files – I’ve sanitised your post a bit :)

102 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
KurtBilisim says

Unfortunately all that “HTML5 is future, horaay” crap affected people’s thoughts regarding Flash. I can not say for sure whether to depart or continue with Flash. However I recently bought a cheap Android tablet just to see what’s all the fuss about. They are good to carry around and check mails or Facebook, take notes etc. So if you believe you can create such chat/office type apps and earn a place amongst all the existing ones, sure, why not give it a try.

About gaming though, my experience was a total disaster! Sure, simple to play games like Angry Birds are ok but I don’t understand if people really like to play on those. I tried to play some games, even 3D ones. They are good looking but touch screen control is definitely not my thing. My fingers need proper keys to press/click. I don’t think I’ll ever enjoy gaming on tablets… I had more fun playing crappy Java games on my old Phone years ago.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

However I recently bought a cheap Android tablet just to see what’s all the fuss about. They are good to carry around and check mails or Facebook, take notes etc. So if you believe you can create such chat/office type apps and earn a place amongst all the existing ones, sure, why not give it a try.

On my Android 4.1 Jelly Bean I don’t have flash and I can’t install any flash plug in, that’s life I guess, flash platform on mobile is fading . on my phone I don’t care about flash cos` I mainly use app`s ,but on my 10.1 tablet when surfing the web I don’t have flash at all, and frankly I don’t miss it ,game I play only with apps no flash . Bottom line flash now is only good for making apps or simple banner animation on web page which the majority web site still use flash as advertising only cos it’s the most easy tool to use ,and all this Mambo jumbo HTML5 animation is just to difficult to make.

If you are a flasher and you don’t make apps or don’t have the skills to make flash animation this days better find something else to do !

66 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

i think flash game is still hot now.

by
by
by