1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey folks, since so many people were linking up to live URLs of their items, we’ve added functionality so you can do it properly:

(1) Go to your existing item (2) Click on “Edit Item” (3) Add a Demo URL

Here’s an example of a file with a demo URL added

And of course new items can be uploaded with a demo URL set from the very beginning :-)

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

Great, and yay you’ve already done one for me, btw Collis I edited that file a couple of days ago reloading the screenshots because the second one didn’t show up but theres been no change, it doesn’t matter as much now because theres a live demo but it would still be nice to have it. Thanks

109 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Steven_B says

But wasnt the problem that they can copy the whole code?

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

Yea this is really a little problem. I think site templates are very fast to copy if they don’t use php. How it was with a flash preview? You could make a competition on flashden.

250 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I’ve watermarked most of my templates so it acts a deterrent in a way, most people will pay a few $$ to get a template rather than steal it, there are gonna be some cases where they will steal the template but you just have to make it as hard as possible, watermark images is the best way because then they need to redo all the images which isn’t easy without the source files.

1579 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Located in Australia
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Yeah there certainly can be a code copy issue. We’re still working on our own live preview system with HTML truncation and some other experiments on protecting the code, but since that won’t be ready for a while and some people are adding live preview links anyways, at least now you have a way to do it nicely :-)

But it’s totally fine just to have screenshots!! This is just if you want to have a live URL !

by
by
by
by
by
by