725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I have noticed that sometimes people who have illegitimately bought items do not have the purchase listed when they email you. For example they contact you from your profile page for support etc. and when you click the link in the email to check their purchases it does not show but yet they can still produce a valid license tied to their account. I am guessing these are people who have bought directly through PayPal but its a pain in the arse for authors. Is there any way to fix this minor issue?

733 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

I suspect this is actually related to people who email you from a different account than they purchased the item with. I’ve had people do that a lot, normally when they are purchasing items for a client or business partner.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
PixelBin says

Doesn’t matter if they paid directly or with prepaid, it should always say they bought something in that link. If it doesn’t, they didn’t buy it with that account, plain and simple.

725 posts WordPress Ninja
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says

I have had people who email me from the account they have bought the item with and it does not show in their profile. After asking for a license and using the purchase verification tool to check things out it still returns okay. Not sure how this is possible.

by
by
by
by
by
by