At the moment I’m developing a new WordPress theme, and recently checked the code using the Theme Check plugin and it says I shouldn’t use the tag ‘add_menu_page’ to add admin pages. It says that I should use the ‘add_theme_page()’ tag instead.
The problem is that my theme options include subpages, and the ‘add_theme_page’ tag, doesn’t support them.
What should I do? Maintain the ‘add_menu_page’ tag or replace it with the suggested tag?
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
add_menu_page is absolutely fine! totaly acceptable here.
No, add_menu_page is fine. I think most authors use it as it allows for more flexibility and doesn’t make the Appearance submenu cluttered