I’ve been working on my first theme now for around 2 months (I’m slow going :D). But the next thing I want to work on is adding a portfolio part to the theme. I was just wondering what the best practice is here in regards to adding this feature?
Do you create your own portfolio plugin and implement it into your admin options; or do you just use an existing plugin already out there (there are many) and just work on the design of displaying the portfolio and such.
Any details on this would be great for a newbie wordpress developer ^^;
I’ve created my own framework(it’s not really a plugin) for portfolio using:
– Custom post types
– Page tempates with WP_Query
– Isotope plugin to filter elements(this is optional ofcourse)
or maybe you can find a good tutorial like this for example(not the best but anyway): http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creating-a-filterable-portfolio-with-wordpress-and-jquery/
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.