1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lgall says

I am VERY new to this world of creating a blog/website and need some input from those who are in the know. I would like to have a blog page to post inspirational topics and another page where readers can post a request for prayers. How can I do this? I tried to do the inspirational page as a blog, and then tried to add another blog page for the prayers, but it just went back to the first blog page. I Guess I am missing a concept in this process. Any help out there? And… I have no idea about coding – so you will need to speak simple terminology. Thank you

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Hi, hope I can help you, you should organize by having separate categories. You would then have to add your categories via WordPress menus rather than just point to your blog which will always list ALL categories.

In your case, setup like this:

• 1 – create a blog page
  • 2 – create a category called inspiration
  • 3 – create a category called prayers
  • 4 – create some inspiration posts and set to the category of ‘inspiration’
  • 5 – create some prayer request posts and set to the category of ‘prayers’
  • 6 – go to your WordPress menus and click screen options at the top if necessary so you can see a box on the left of the screen that says categories
  • 7 – drag inspiration to the menu area and move in to place
  • 8 – repeat step 7 for prayer category

Done.

Hope that helps – I understand the confusion and so once you understand the process you’ll be just fine :)

Jonathan

12 posts
  • Located in Bangladesh
documentBD says

Hi, hope I can help you, you should organize by having separate categories. You would then have to add your categories via WordPress menus rather than just point to your blog which will always list ALL categories.

In your case, setup like this:

• 1 – create a blog page
  • 2 – create a category called inspiration
  • 3 – create a category called prayers
  • 4 – create some inspiration posts and set to the category of ‘inspiration’
  • 5 – create some prayer request posts and set to the category of ‘prayers’
  • 6 – go to your WordPress menus and click screen options at the top if necessary so you can see a box on the left of the screen that says categories
  • 7 – drag inspiration to the menu area and move in to place
  • 8 – repeat step 7 for prayer category

Done.

Hope that helps – I understand the confusion and so once you understand the process you’ll be just fine :)

Jonathan

That means we need to add some relevant topic or content 0n template. am i right?

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
evolutionk says

Thank you a lot. This is really beneficial.

by
by
by
by
by
by