• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

I don’t know how about you guys, but personally i don’t understand (beside i do not agree, but thats an another question) why Envato reducing that section, which is actually makes sales unlike some other less popular things here.

I agree with that Envato has the right to decide the price. But im not agree with that he just changed the method of pricing without any notice or explanation. And im sorry, but seems like the new pricing is totally confusing and incoherent. I can not put links here but, take a look on the last week upcoming add-ons and on those prices.

Kingdog said, Envato doing a survey regarding pricing. Well, this act does not seems like a survey at all. And that survey is actually about the vectors, where the number of sales obviously calling for act. But here, this is looks like a one-sided decision – moreover without any notice.

3716 posts Community Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I’m sure any decision Envato make with regards to the pricing of items and such will be a purely data-driven decision for the benefit of the marketplaces.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Im sure in that it’s not about destroying the market, but when i see that an item has 12 brushes, 11 styles, 19 patterns beside with 7 actions, then the author created instructions, and video preview and at the end all for this $2 – It seriously makes me think. Moreover, there is no similar things over there, not a hundredth times “reloaded classic” with few changes. But an innovative, new idea or at least unique execution. And as i said, the diversity of the new pricing does not make sense. Seems like incoherent and i think it’s going to be seriously contra-productive soon.

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

dekurvajo, do you see that price change for Actions too or just for styles?

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

dekurvajo, do you see that price change for Actions too or just for styles?

Actions and Styles. The one i mentioned in my last comment is an action. One of the best at the last week (in my subjective opinion which is maybe irrelevant) and as it seems like others are also recognized the underpricing)

5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
6kval says

I absolutely agree with dekurvajo. 1 action costs $ 3, and 7 actions cost $ 2. Guys! Where is the logic?

11 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
oneeyelab says

So true. My latest item is totally uniqe on this marketplace and it`s over 40 actions inside. It was approved yesterday and priced ad 4$. I am disapointed and tink it deserves a bit higher price, compared to many other items in the category. :(

831 posts
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

I absolutely agree with dekurvajo. 1 action costs $ 3, and 7 actions cost $ 2. Guys! Where is the logic?

$trange!

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Did you contact support? Such dramatic change could be due to mistake.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Yes i did. And no answer. But on an another thread there was a kind of answer from Kingdog which is shows that they know it. I did not removed mine because i did not received the answer. But if they don’t change the price i will remove it. Not because im huffed, but it will be a rational decision to protect my portfolio. If they think this item value is $2 i will say: then i did not created good enough item. No need to be here, no need to be in my portfolio neither. But i dont think so the solution will be that i will sell 30/40 layer styles or 20 unique actions (im not talking about photographic presets) in one item and giving extra 10 items as bonus, like icons, patterns, layer styles whatever. It would make me a feeling im a clown in the kindergarden. Thanks, but rather not.

by
by
by
by
by
by