6023 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

One more proof that they don’t care. :( I really like this place, but it’s becoming worse and worse by each month.
Are you googles client ? Yes you are. Does google care about you ? No. You see what i mean… sad.

The difference is we don’t pay google.

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Google doesn’t rely on you individually for its main revenue. This is a community first of all, the authors here are the ones generating the revenue. I don’t understand why they never listen to anything any author says. I’ve been saying this for months, I really hoped they would prove me wrong, but it didn’t happen.

And what’s worst, we are not receiving any reply from an official staff member explaining why they do this.

They are making videos talking about the community power, the vision for 2020 while they’re doing exactly the opposite.

You got ideas on how you’d use microlancer banners on ThemeForest, use them on profile pages for authors that offer customization services. Why do you want more? Why do you want to spam us and the visitors? Why do you want to make the members / buyers go away? You want to grow quick, if you have a successful product it doesn’t mean all your products should grow quick and be profitable. If one is not profitable, no need to bankrupt the profitable ones as well.

If MicroLancer is a good idea, it will grow naturally, without you pushing spammy ads on all the markets.

180 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
juarathemes says

I agree with some authors here.
Just let microlancer run on their own way. Build their own forum for the authors and buyers to make that site more friendly just like here.
That’s will be useful, I think.

This marketplace and freelancing site is something that quite different. You can’t make it become a same thing

And, microlancer advert in footer is enough tho…

Thank to God that they removed this. Great decision and response.

Just 1 thing, this is top class marketplace, not a blog or “cheap” listing site. Don’t even make it so.

180 posts
juarathemes says

Owh, they put microlancer ads back?

Seriously?

6023 posts
+8 more
VF says

Owh, they put microlancer ads back? Seriously?

They removed those ads from author portfolios but now they put it on each and every item listing page, search lists etc. Above the pagination buttons.

180 posts
juarathemes says

They removed those ads from author portfolios but now they put it on each and every item listing page, search lists etc. Above the pagination buttons.

That’s really not good idea, don’t you think the same?

6023 posts
+8 more
VF says

That’s really not good idea, don’t you think the same?

Yeah, almost none of the authors would support it.

It has proper room for inserting but an Ad banner can be a jackpot for Envato.

80 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Mode54 says

I think the best way to promote Microlancer in the marketplace is to allow authors to promote custom work through Microlancer on their item pages.

This would keep the promotion in context and give authors a tool to offer freelance work without managing the billing process (which I don’t think is worth 30% btw).

thoughts?

1460 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
WebSmacker says

^ paypal only takes 2.9% per transaction, and they have a free tool to send invoices – quite easy actually. Also, we can already promote custom work on our item pages so definitely not worth the 30% cut they take…

80 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Mode54 says

^ paypal only takes 2.9% per transaction, and they have a free tool to send invoices – quite easy actually. Also, we can already promote custom work on our item pages so definitely not worth the 30% cut they take…

I agree PayPal is the obvious choice but Envato can do much more if they customize the experience and streamline the process. Much like Apple does for in-app purchases. Sure it makes sense to use PayPal but the ease of purchase Apple offers is hard to ignore.

by
by
by
by
by
by