24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
Juggy69 says

Guys,

Ok really new to this can just about put a html site together ;-)

I am looking at these admin themes and thinking i like that one and that one and so on but to be honest i have no idea how i would use it or what it does ;-)

Example for me to login i suppose i would have to set up a database which is fine?

they stae they create pages and so on how would that work as it is not a CMS ?

Apologies if i is being a bit thick lol

Regards

Stuart

3328 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says
Guys,

Ok really new to this can just about put a html site together ;-)

I am looking at these admin themes and thinking i like that one and that one and so on but to be honest i have no idea how i would use it or what it does ;-)

Example for me to login i suppose i would have to set up a database which is fine?

they stae they create pages and so on how would that work as it is not a CMS ?

Apologies if i is being a bit thick lol

Regards

Stuart

The Html Admin themes think of like “templates” for developers to integrate into there own CMS all the pages and buttons are just for show

240 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rarepearldesign says

Yeah, you would have already been a great coder (like I like to think I am) and built a CMS and just need help with the UI of it, and that’s where admin themes come in.

And there is some FANTASTIC admin themes on here.

24 posts
Juggy69 says

Ok

So these are really for developers who have created their own CMS bugger

Know of any good CMS from developers here?

I use E107 , not fussed on WP Drupal php fusion punbb phpbb :-)

Any other good onces?

Regards

Stuart

960 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

As an author who creates Admin Skins, hopefully I can answer your question a little better.

Think of them as a skin for a developer to then add the funtionality. For example all the elements such as forms and buttons are already there, ad the developer then goes in and adds in his code to do things like database updates, deletes, uploads etc.

Generally speaking developers tend to buy these, if you come accross a good developer who can also design they are worth their weight in gold.

240 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
rarepearldesign says
As an author who creates Admin Skins, hopefully I can answer your question a little better.

Think of them as a skin for a developer to then add the funtionality. For example all the elements such as forms and buttons are already there, ad the developer then goes in and adds in his code to do things like database updates, deletes, uploads etc.

Generally speaking developers tend to buy these, if you come accross a good developer who can also design they are worth their weight in gold.

I develop (12 years of coding and 5 years as a solutions architect for web applications company, plus a Bachelors in CS) and I design so that I can keep my brain exercised in other areas. However, my design is weaker for sure.

I guess my point is given that I am overweight, if I am worth my weight in gold, I am rich! I need to melt myself down and sell me. :D

960 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says
I guess my point is given that I am overweight, if I am worth my weight in gold, I am rich! I need to melt myself down and sell me. :D

LOL !

24 posts
Juggy69 says

ok i best stick to templates ;-)

Thanks guys

Stuart

by
by
by
by