142 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Flash-Bob says

This one should be locked.

Also for flash, all I can say, US don’t won internet, and out side US many of people don’t even heard about IOS etc.

90% of the people in the world still uses a pc to access internet.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says
patrickjansen said
tsafi said
I guess not me and you dictated the flash trend, I can’t remember from the last century so much negativity about flash this year alone, so it’s really nothing to do with us, but more of those who buy our stuff …….

I don’t know about you in Brazil flash is doing o.k. the U.S is big no (to much ipad carp brain wash) Europe is still OK mostly in the UK /Germany part.

But that flash mobile part really bug me in away ,but for the world cup in Brazil you going to see tons of flash that’s a fact …….. :P .

i almost forgot about you P :P

yeah, it’s difficult to explain to people with negative opinions why they’re “partly wrong” when all the screaming masses have their mind set and shout the same thing. I have noticed for some time that lately about 95% of my sales are the “animation” items… stuff that looks cool. The rest indeed is grinding to a halt but the animation items quit the contrary.

Here in brasil there’s still demand for flash, indeed. But the number of people wanting to learn flash are plumeting, because of their general opinion that that will be wasted time.

I’ve been also focussing on other stuff not related to flash, because it’s no use trying to swim against the current … just gonna wait and see .. time will tell.

world cup is still far ahead, anything can happen hehehe.. you’ll see a lot of orange i hope at least from my balcony ;)
That’s what worry me the most, 2 years ago easily you can we had 5-7 course of flash /flex a year ,now we barley can getter 1-2 course a year and most of them come from companies.

But my overall accounts still use flash and i didn’t have much shifting from flash into HTML so we don’t have much big effect on our work base on the overall trend ,still as the time goes by i see flash as alternative option and not as my main option base on projects .

But what worry me the most is how this mobile action by Adobe will cast on the flash desktop platform on the long run, but the way i see the web world coming back hard in to more of design and less programing, but there will never be one solution that works for all it always was the case on the web, but you know P what’s that now 15 years we are in the flash sector? I think it’s just way too big for flash to disappear…logic …my main focused was always in the music sectored regarding flash and it’s still the best way to deliver video/ audio content easily to all browsers and platforms, but you know i am not that emotional as to make money more imported to me then flash :P ,and hell on a personal level with HTML shoving plugins on every coroner is not my style doing things.

Talking about animation i find myself shifting back to AE big this year, that’s 1 booming sectored everyone wants to learn, i already fail 1 time on my certified exam for AE, that is just 1 hard crazy exam to pass much harder than flash ….. .

Stay cool PJ leave the madness for the crazy ones : P

372 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+6 more
MarcoSecchi Reviewer says
3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

^ Quite interesting read. Thanks for sharing Marco.
Definitively we are entering in a phase where content and usability will rule the web, over visual, design or art concepts. From my point of view is sad, but maybe i’m getting old. ;)

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

Thanks for the share Marco, nice read …look like most of the writers/dev there are on the same vibe, which is nice to read from a logic point of view .

Pez you are not that old relax man :P

271 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
07happydays says
535 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
dimumurray says

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Adobe had won the battle for EcmaScript4 (the now defunct standard on which AS3 was based)?

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

^The ECMAScript 4 should be almost 5 years old, and i was thinking back in the days this will be the basic foundation of AS4 but i don’t think it will happen; any dramatic change in flash for the next few users regarding the syntax change will be a kill zone for flash (look at js its like bazillion years old and still alive ).

The way i see the focusing will be on 3 party classes/framework and improving the flash engine which still need lots of work IMO . Also in the last 3 years any direction that adobe pushes into regarding flash was a failure and there latest push to 3d and game i am very skeptical it will bring any change but will make more damage to flash

535 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
dimumurray says
tsafi said
Also in the last 3 years any direction that adobe pushes into regarding flash was a failure and there latest push to 3d and game i am very skeptical it will bring any change but will make more damage to flash

Flash as a web-browser plugin may be on its way out. But its foundation as a development platform for mobile apps seems pretty solid. But, as always, only time will tell.

by
by
by
by
by
by