• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Does anyone know a little more about Adobe CS5 launching 2010? Wow, this is exciting, check it in here:

http://cs5.org/?p=136

What do you guys think Adobe will improve for AE?

145 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frayquantum says

only if it will have 3d text for after effect.

and a choice to select world/object axis…..

3d positioning in AE is frustrating especially when you start having axis rotations.

I have no idea where is my particular emitter 20% of the time :D

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
only if it will have 3d text for after effect.

and a choice to select world/object axis…..

3d positioning in AE is frustrating especially when you start having axis rotations.

I have no idea where is my particular emitter 20% of the time :D

right, very frustrating… ;) BTW nice new logo

145 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frayquantum says

haha, thanks,

its for my “squid” themed mood :D

18 posts
sandymojo says

Instead of 2.5 D it might come up as complete 3D this time.

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

I don’t see the point of After Effects becoming a raytraced 3D program. There’s too much competition out there and After Effects is a pretty bloated program anyway. Agreed, a simple extrude on a layer would be handy, but without the objects being vectors / polys in the first place, I think it’s always going to look like a bit of a dog’s dinner (see Shatter effect workaround)

I’d like to see them concentrating on optimising the tools that they have instead of adding half baked new features. And speeding it up.

I’m always amazed that a 3D program can render 1000s of polys raytraced quicker than AE can put afew effects on a couple of layers. AE is commonly thought of as the slowest program on earth. Why is it so slow?

I would like to see them go the whole hog and implement a proper node based interface that works as an interface instead of some pointless schematic. Then perhaps After Effects could finally be taken seriously as a compositor.

I’d like to see the native color correction tools improved. Curves? Could we have a bigger graph with a bezier spline please?

Maybe use more than 3gb RAM .

Why can’t I have two output modules that write to the same file. Suppose I want to render 12 separate patches to the same tiff sequence? Why must I do this manually.

Some more manual control over the caching would be useful. At the moment, this can only really be managed with manual prerenders.

I love After Effects – It’s basically a 2D motion graphics program and as that, it has no competition really. It’s also extremely versatile. It’s not a bad compositor really, if you get a few plug-ins. It’s no match for a real compositing program though. That said, I’d much rather do compositing in After Effects than motion graphics in Shake! :D

-felt.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
OpticalEntropy says

What felt said.

I’d far rather see a lot of ‘under-the-hood’ changes to improve the speed and functionality of AE than any tacked-on ‘features’.

A 64 -bit version would be nice too :)

1030 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I don’t see the point of After Effects becoming a raytraced 3D program. There’s too much competition out there and After Effects is a pretty bloated program anyway. Agreed, a simple extrude on a layer would be handy, but without the objects being vectors / polys in the first place, I think it’s always going to look like a bit of a dog’s dinner (see Shatter effect workaround)

I’d like to see them concentrating on optimising the tools that they have instead of adding half baked new features. And speeding it up.

I’m always amazed that a 3D program can render 1000s of polys raytraced quicker than AE can put afew effects on a couple of layers. AE is commonly thought of as the slowest program on earth. Why is it so slow?

I would like to see them go the whole hog and implement a proper node based interface that works as an interface instead of some pointless schematic. Then perhaps After Effects could finally be taken seriously as a compositor.

I’d like to see the native color correction tools improved. Curves? Could we have a bigger graph with a bezier spline please?

Why can’t I have two output modules that write to the same file. Suppose I want to render 12 separate patches to the same tiff sequence? Why must I do this manually.

Some more manual control over the caching would be useful. At the moment, this can only really be managed with manual prerenders.

I love After Effects – It’s basically a 2D motion graphics program and as that, it has no competition really. It’s also extremely versatile. It’s not a bad compositor really, if you get a few plug-ins. It’s no match for a real compositing program though. That said, I’d much rather do compositing in After Effects than motion graphics in Shake! :D

-felt.

I totally agree on this felt :) a 100% with you on this one, can’t wait untiill they speed up this program once and for all… imagine controlling millions of particles with motion blur on without any lag!! Am i the only one getting overexcited all of a sudden or what? :P

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

-felt.

+500

by
by
by
by
by
by