11 posts
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Podlium says

I know mostly what is possible, i worked with both past 10 years, and ok, some thing are not that bad, but it is not there where as3 is. There are stuff you cant do with that you can do with as3, like vector draw, gpu 3d… etc …

Javascrit is slow … there are templates here with those fancy js sliders that take about 80% of my cpu, event more if you open a dropdown menu over the slider … where that kind of stuff in flash would run about 30%.

css3 is not fully supported, you have to do workarounds with images, just look what you have to do make a gradient: http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

But that all would be ok, but to f* with every browser to make something to work is a big PIA.

I see you know to code in as3, you cant tell me that developing in html/css/js is not a step back compared to as3

188 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
FWDesign says

When I started js at the beginning of this year I was super confused and thought that js is horrible… after some time I started to think and I have written a DisplayList calss with DisplayObject and DisplayObjectContiner, event disptacher, etc just like as 3.0 and believe it or not most of the time I forgot I even work with js, I write code just as I did in as 3.0, of course is not the same thing and there are some limitations… about the browser thing like I said by writing my own library I incorporated the css3, css2 and css1 directly into the DisplayList so for example if I write myDisplayObject.setX(100) the class will use the correct css, also most browser this days are using the GPU by using css3 transforms.

Like I said have a an opened mind because is not that bad, sure as 3.0 was better but with a bit of imagination you can make js work almost the same as as 3.0. Below is an example of an html site which I made in flash style as a reference…

http://orizon-solutions.ca/orizon/
4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

^Never heard about the 15 second loafing rule ? .

Nice work for HTML 5 ,but just letting you know a template like that won’t pass Marco approve on AD if it was flash .

If you ask me, you are missing the point ,i don’t know if people want to mimic template in HTML like flash ? Just a feeling i have…regarding mimic flash, we are not in the year 2007 ?…also the key today is responsive to all res` screen to save cost .

Don’t get me wrong things are changing …but man ill smoke weeds all day before ill mimic flash to html5 js css3 or whatever …

Also sorry to tell you in performance on any of your great flash template you did at the past you are far far in performance than any of your new html5 template,Cos you are really in the mercy of the browser js crap engine not the actual external js code you make ,unless you work on the canvas and by now no one really want to work on the canvas.

But i admire you still try to convince yourself how html5/js/css3 can be better than our solid as3 platform …but hi what do i know :P

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

JS is basically AS1.5 with no appropriate alternative. That’s why corporation like MS and Google promote their own language TypeScript and Dart.

For experience developers switching from AS3 to JS is like switching from chainsaw to axe. Surely you can do a lot of thing with it but a large code base have to be built from scratch to speed up development time.

You have to make decision right now, Flash as web interactive and animation tool is not a choice anymore cause it is now game and mobile app development platform.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

JS is basically AS1.5 with no appropriate alternative.
You explanation is nice but suffer from lack of metaphor :P , many are under a heavy denial html5 js can perform well …

Bottom line as a developer i look at js/html5 platform as someone who bought a hot Volkswagen “beetle” back in the 70s and think he has the fasts and the cools car ever that act like Lamborghini, which fact is they can even pick a hot girl with that car :P

5754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

\\

1568 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
rahulbist says

but what is hope when flash is nearly finished :(

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

^Right now there is really not much stuff in flash over the web unless its basic stuff like banners and animation, you need to gamble with Adobe on game and mobile app development if you want to stick with flash/Air/Flex(flex will not hold for too long if you ask me).also look like flash CS7 will change dramatically.

Right now the way Adobe is going if you ask me knowing programing is not enough you will have to master also vector art and true design cos` only and all around flasher can integrate all this aspect in a efficient way.

or just learn js and html5 :P

66 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

yeah,now adobe is more like a game platform for coder.we all are fucked up.

by
by
by
by
by
by