2116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

Not sure whether to stay or go.

With the CC coming – I like my standalone apps. Pixelmator maybe?

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Fireworks, the only piece of software I used for graphic editing in the last years. :( Booo!!

648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
abstract-labs says

Don’t forget that the truly brilliant Macromedia ‘Freehand’ was the first to be culled and a few features integrated in Adobe Bloatastrator after the purchase.

Oops you’re right, I forgot Freehand, one more :(

426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

As a windows user, what alternatives do i have? Iv seen a few suggestions but they appear to be mac only

169 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
mikedidthis says

As a windows user, what alternatives do i have? Iv seen a few suggestions but they appear to be mac only

I would love an answer to this. Sketch.app looks great for the Mac OS X, but sadly I am a Windows guy. So any suggestions?

7291 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

why is Fireworks better than Photoshop and Illustrator at this point? what features fireworks has than you can’t do in those two other applications?

obvious if fireworks is some sort of merged Photoshop/Illustrator, then it makes sense for Adobe to kill it since you will need to purchase two applications instead of just one.

3072 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

why is Fireworks better than Photoshop and Illustrator at this point? what features fireworks has than you can’t do in those two other applications? obvious if fireworks is some sort of merged Photoshop/Illustrator, then it makes sense for Adobe to kill it since you will need to purchase two applications instead of just one.

I like it for two simple things: 1. I think the alignment tools and the way vectors work are better than on Photoshop or Illustrator. 2. His source files are png format, file that can be used directly in ANY graphical project. Maybe the coolest thing for a graphical editor!!

One of his problems is the simplistic layer handling that can be too simple on lots of content. But this never bothered my too much.

1660 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

Fireworks is way faster and easier to use for simple things than the elephantine Photoshop.

You can draw vectors and see them rendered in raster on the fly. Selecting elements is just one click away. Batching is easier and faster. In PS once you rasterize a layer you can’t do anything with it and selecting elements is a pure nightmare.

Most people confuse those applications, they have different purposes. Adobe didn’t seem to understand what FW was for and keep failing at everything. I won’t buy anything else from them, that’s it for me.

1546 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
webdesignerart says

Bad News …. Overall i am not the User of FW but i feel bad for Macromedia… because they merged with Adobe and time to time their best features was copied and the death of FreeHand, Flash and now FW will be… If you guys remember last 2years left Adobe introduce the HTML editor called GROOVE… so Guys think what i am pointing next :P

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
wiseguys says

Crap, antoher one down. I miss Macromedia, Adobe sucks.

- Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by