86 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
roshaneingram says
1265 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Adobe, you suck at everything. Macromedia was way cooler and trustworthier.

+1million

I use fireworks daily. well it hasn’t changed much in years anyways, from cs3 to 6, so I’ll just keep using it. The good news is, remember you can use favorite software for many years; unlike operating systems that need every-few-year updates for faster hardware, things like FW, Flash and DW are fine just the way they are.

Don’t need to buy into the “gotta have the latest release” koolaid that software vendors are peddling. Adbe buys and kills a lot of good software, unfortunately (like ultrakey, and there was some good music program too they bought and killed).

PS is slow and clunky, FW is fast and works great for images, have used for a decade+ and will keep using for decades ahead, even if it’s not updated.

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
oztecnic says
241 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
rendertom says

Hope Adobe wont’ kill Cinema 4D with this Cinaware release:)

1778 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+11 more
SamBerson says
360 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
tmthymllr says

The writing was on the wall for years. Luckily there’s Sketch and Skala.

326 posts Keeping Things Simple
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
cmoreira says

I’m another big Fireworks fan. I did my items preview images with it :) This is sad news. I haven’t been able to use Photoshop the same way.. the workflow is just not the same. I guess I’ll keep using the current version of FW forever :D (or at least while I still use windows)

169 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
mikedidthis says

The writing was on the wall for years. Luckily there’s Sketch and Skala.

Any suggestion for Windows users? And not to switch to Mac :)

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
tomhouy says

Photoshop’s vector editing capabilities are very tedious and unintuitive. You need to jump between three different selection tools, constantly keep toggling various settings such as auto-select layers vs. groups and linking masks & paths, just to move an object around or edit it. This issue quickly snowballs once you are working with many layers and groups, and it’s even worse when you revisit a project that you haven’t worked on in a while (or perhaps someone before you created).

It also drives me nuts that you can’t snap to the grid without it being visible. I’m constantly having to toggle it on and off in Photoshop.

That said, Fireworks raster based editing was way too limited for it to be useful on it’s own for web design. I always had to keep jumping over to Photoshop for more advanced selections and masking, as well as color correction and lens correction, etc…

85 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in United States
mattborchert says

Looks like Adobe is enjoying killing software… first Flash, now Fireworks, who’s next? I wonder what the Macromedia guys are thinking now :(

They’re thinking IM RICH. IM SO VERY RICH.

by
by
by
by
by
by