59 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
gbsmith71 says
quickandeasy said
But what about this awesome site built with Muse!? http://giftsforguysandgirls.com/

1997 called, and they want their website back.

Have you seen how many DIVs in that source code? Wow.

27 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Grahf says

Your see there are people out there that believe that complex technologies can be made easier with automation, but fail to realize that these complex technologies only get more and more complex as the technologies (and techniques in using them) improve, expand, change, etc.

Programming (any top language) is one of those areas of technology that never stays the same so automation simply cannot keep up. Therefore all these automation software packages will always be behind the curve by many years. In this case, it looks like Muse is behind by about 10+ years.

Lastly I must add there is never just one way to do something and automation does not do well in handling the best approach when there can be 100s or even 1000s.

50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
Viz says

At 0:45… is that guy wearing a life jacket?

claythecinemaguy
claythecinemaguy Recent Posts Threads Started
116 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
claythecinemaguy says

it’s a rip off of iweb!

342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

The sad thing is the general public may see tools like this and then assume that all websites are built this way. Drag and drop, cookie cutter, easy. :/ However, it really takes several hours and thousands of lines of coding to come up with a truly awesomely crafted website.

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

@reidknorr, exactly!

Won’t be long before there are entries on Clients From Hell saying ‘Can you not just drag it over there and drag this to here like on Muse?’

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
canimalition says

I try to install it, but error…

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
omarabid says

Quoting a good comment from Hacker News

Good article, except for this minor point:

Certain kinds of human creativity and expertise cannot be reproduced by machines. music can never be the Eroica or “This Land is Your Land,” because there is no algorithm with the creative and life experience of Beethoven or Woody Guthrie.

Of course, I agree with the practical point where no current machine can do human art. Because of that we can’t currently automatically extract the semantics of an image, or even convert a post-script document into clean HTML . So, it doesn’t affect the conclusion in the foreseeable future. But one can’t seriously believe there’s no algorithm behind an artist’s art without believing in some kind of ghost controlling her brain, and that ghost somehow doesn’t run an algorithm. As far as I know, there is no such ghost. It very much looks like our cognition (including our art), is entirely the product of physical processes, even though it definitely doesn’t feel like it.

Now, I reckon art is not just the product of some internal algorithm, running in isolation from the rest of the world. We’re highly interactive beings, and our output mostly depend on our input. But there is some kind of algorithm which does all these interactions, though it is likely incredibly complex.

My point is, I wouldn’t loose hope of automating something that currently, only humans can do. Take spam filters, for example. With very little knowledge, they can take out spam with stunning accuracy. But if no-one told me about Bayesian filters, I would likely try to make the computer parse the whole e-mail like a human, then give up, thinking that only humans can understand those e-mails well enough to filter them (note my mistaken assumption that the spam filter somehow must acquire some high-level understanding of the e-mail to do its job).

Certainly, Muse is far from being a designer, but it’s a step in the right direction. Do you care about food if it’s delivered by a human or a machine. No. Because the end result is the same. Adobe doesn’t match a designer, but can at least satisfy a good number of user for the moment.

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
MonikaM says

All I can say about the Muse is … I’m not a-muse-d :notfunny:

claythecinemaguy
claythecinemaguy Recent Posts Threads Started
116 posts
  • Located in United States
claythecinemaguy says

haha that’s funny. but, I rather just go on theme forest buy a theme install it and I’m done and CSS /HTML Is not that hard to figure out! it’s basic stuff. Myspace taught me a lot of CSS /HTML. I remember when my brother made it look like a website and took out the ads. haha. now you can’t do that anyone. rip myspace. :(

by
by
by
by
by
by