• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
maupa says

Adobe goes subscription-only, rebrands Creative Suite as Creative Cloud! What do you think?

1032 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+3 more
Massfocus says

I love it and hate it at the same time. Of course having every adobe software in your suite is a huge plus for a fixed price per month, but the fact i will never own the product though i don’t know.. i don’t feel like paying Adobe for the rest of my LIFE if you know what i mean, but i think eventually it’s what is going to happen anyway, if i like it or not, gotta stay ahead of the curve in this industry and having the latest version of a piece of software is a huge bonus and this is why i love the creative cloud.

I think ill get it once the new AE is out.

388 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

I dislike it very much, its paying for renting the software in the end. I prefer to pay more and know i own it :D

465 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malta
NeuronFX says

I think its a huge bonus for people just starting to build their software suite. Since it doesn’t have that initial cost… but then on the other hand you have to keep paying month after month to use the software… on earlier versions of AE for instance, I would’t upgrade if there’s no features that I need… and save the upgrade cost for that year, but now you have to keep renting… Although I personally really agree with it, I like it that I can use all the suite 49$ per month.

3202 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

I dislike it very much, its paying for renting the software in the end. I prefer to pay more and know i own it :D

you never own software you pay for a license to use the software(same goes for the products we sell)

950 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says

you never own software you pay for a license to use the software(same goes for the products we sell)

It’s obvious, no need to point out

3202 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

Ill point what I want out, he said he’d prefer to own it so maybe its not so obvious ;-)

388 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

Ill point what I want out, he said he’d prefer to own it so maybe its not so obvious ;-)

What i mean is that paying for it monthly (renting) is not pratical at all, atleast I dont upgrade my suite every version it comes out, for example im still on the CS 5.5, and with this new system its like you were forced to actually upgrade your software (since you are paying anyway). On other note, do they really quitted on the creative suites now ? Wont there be a CS7 ? I cant seem to find an answer to this in the Adobe, have you guys seen anything discussing this ?

251 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sightsignal says

“Adobe has shared with us that Creative Suite 6 will still be available for purchase, but it will not be updated beyond addressing bugs and OS compatibility. There will be no Creative Suite 7. Instead, Adobe is pointing all of its energy towards Creative Cloud, eliminating the familiar retail box in the process.”

via thenextweb.com

388 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Portugal
Dfinepixel says

“Adobe has shared with us that Creative Suite 6 will still be available for purchase, but it will not be updated beyond addressing bugs and OS compatibility. There will be no Creative Suite 7. Instead, Adobe is pointing all of its energy towards Creative Cloud, eliminating the familiar retail box in the process.” via thenextweb.com

Well its official now, i will stick with CS 5.5 till the end of my career :D

by
by
by
by
by
by