• Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I really wonder what the whole 20Gb business turns out to mean. It could be severely limiting when that’s all the files you can access, and could require people to continuously move files around (at the same time eating away at Adobe’s bandwidth). Sounds like a loss-loss.

948 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says

Can someone explain how this system works? Let’s say I pay 1 month fee, do I get to sell stuff only in that month? After that month ends and I don’t repay, will I have to remove my file from here?

No my friend.. Envato is a company> sell graphic design goodies, digital files, templates etc Adobe is another company>provides softwares like Photoshop and others. They’ve nothing to do together at the level you’re thinking.

to use a software in “Cloud” means like using it online, paying a monthly fee in this case. Photoshop will not be totally on your pc, will be on a server somewhere and you’ll use it through the internet connection. Sounds strange but they think it can work fast.

I’ll just wait for the good ol giraffes to make us use it for free again, and wherever we want. That’s why I love giraffes after all

1686 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

I’d really like to know why us citizen pay $49, while european citizen pay over 61€ which is more than $80!!!

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

Hm probably that is why they kill Fireworks, because they want to go full proprietary on file formats, like psd for sources. The png from Fireworks was too open for a company that wants to own your stuff.

3118 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Can someone explain how this system works? Let’s say I pay 1 month fee, do I get to sell stuff only in that month? After that month ends and I don’t repay, will I have to remove my file from here?

to use a software in “Cloud” means like using it online, paying a monthly fee in this case. Photoshop will not be totally on your pc, will be on a server somewhere and you’ll use it through the internet connection. Sounds strange but they think it can work fast.

For a typical “cloud” software yes thats true, but Adobe has already announced it will not require an internet connection to use the software on a daily

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html
948 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+5 more
Giallo says

For a typical “cloud” software yes thats true, but Adobe has already announced it will not require an internet connection to use the software on a daily

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

great! thanks for the link and info, that’s great news

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

CC stands for Colossal Crap. Time to move to open source tools.

685 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
delgibbons says

I knew it was going to go that direction! Still. Good and bad points for me. If I run out of money, back to cs3 I go if I cant pay the CC subscription lol. Great to have the whole Master Collection essentially updated all the time though.

6769 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
doru says

I’d really like to know why us citizen pay $49, while european citizen pay over 61€ which is more than $80!!!

One reason. taxes from EU (maybe)

second reason. because in Europe we are a bunch of idiots. (more likely)

8119 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I hate it. I want to own something, not rent it.

This is more expensive in the long run and when i’m done with it I can’t sell it on…

I’ve skipped a few versions of upgrading since it wasn’t worth it, now I am forced to even if the new features aren’t so good and I don’t need them.

I might upgrade to CS6 and see how long I can hold out for lol

:(

Just worked it out, for me in UK this will cost £328.08 for the first year and then £562 per year after that!!!! That’s EVERY year with no option to skip an upgrade etc…

by
by
by
by
by
by