272 posts The Dominant One
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
wptitans says

I thought this was not allowed to link to personal commercial projects.

http://themeforest.net/user/OrmanClark

Hey’s not giving away his themes for free and therefore he’s a competitor of themeforest and us..

Not that i care hey does but then we all are allowed. It’s all or nobody.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

ThemeFuse were asked to remove their links. I think its fair that Orman should remove those links. Although it wasn’t the best move posting in the forums.

+5 more
wptitans says

ThemeFuse were asked to remove their links. I think its fair that Orman should remove those links. Although it wasn’t the best move posting in the forums.

Well, maybe not a good move. But the only way to bring these things to attention, sending a ticket doesn’t help.

17 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeZilla says

I’m also not selling any themes outside of ThemeForest. Fact. I’m also already a competitor of you, as well as your peer.

I believe there will be news on this very subject (what is and what isn’t acceptable on profile/item pages) from Envato in the very near future. My spider sense told me so.

7647 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

what I know is that one can promote himself how he want on his profile page. You can’t do it on forums that’s true. Also you can’t speak about other authors on the forums, even if you are right, (not taking sides here, just pointing to the rules)

+5 more
wptitans says

I’m also not selling any themes outside of ThemeForest. Fact. I’m also already a competitor of you, as well as your peer. I believe there will be news on this very subject (what is and what isn’t acceptable on profile/item pages) from Envato in the very near future. My spider sense told me so.

Okay, that’s all fine. Was just curious if this was allowed or not. We’ve received an email from themezilla opening a theme shop and therefore we thought your where going to sell outside of themeforest and when this was the case then my question was justified.

Nothing wrong with that and we wish you all the best of luck by doing so (sure you will do just fine) but in the past promoting themes of other theme suppliers was and still is not allowed. If that’s going to change then it’s all fine.

It just wasn’t really clear that themezilla is the new OrmanClark on themeforest.

@doru, your not allowed to promote whatever you want inside your profile, a link to your portfolio is fine but not a competitive theme supplier. Ask any staff member to confirm.

And naming other authors is a constant thing inside these forums so nothing wrong about that. Orman gets a little extra traffic by me doing it ;)

7647 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

And naming other authors is a constant thing inside these forums so nothing wrong about that.

is not allowed to accuse authors even if you are right. the only step allowed is to contact support. this are the rules made by envato so is not a constant thing as you say and is not ok.

http://themeforest.net/community/forum_rules

in the do: category step 4

+5 more
wptitans says

And naming other authors is a constant thing inside these forums so nothing wrong about that.

is not allowed to accuse authors even if you are right. the only step allowed is to contact support. this are the rules made by envato so is not a constant thing as you say and is not ok.

http://themeforest.net/community/forum_rules in the do: category step 4

Your almost getting a badge here ;). Report this post if you think it’s against the rules. I’m not naming anything or pointing out to anybody. Just noticing it and asking it in the forums. If your against it then please don’t read it. It was not meant for you.

PS: I got an answer from Orman so this thread can be closed or removed or whatever you wanna do with it.

169 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
ait says

I don’t see any issue with linking to your own website. You can sell stuff via different channels as well, you won’t be creating a portfolio website for each channel. There are more top authors selling via themeforest, other websites and also their own site.

3451 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Gonna lock this one up. If anyone has any lingering concerns, please go through the appropriate channels ( http://support.envato.com )

Thanks! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by