• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Hey

I am looking to create a tutorial for CG tuts, it will be on how to model in 3ds Max

I was wondering if there are any particular things people would like to know how to model, please bear in mind i am a hard surface modeller, which mean i create building vechiles and so on.

below is a selection of a few models i have done, it is not to promote them as none are for sale, just to show the sorts of things i have done

would be good to find out what sort of thing people are looking for

1603 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+8 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

I suggest you contact http://cg.tutsplus.com/ I think alot of 3D modellers would enjoy a tutorial on how to create a vehicle like that! :)

Write for cg.tutsplus

807 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
matu says

buildings and vechiles would be perfect

basically anthing that you see in day to day life that can be then used in artwork or projects

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

I like the models, especially the gun.

You should make a tutorial with what you know better, chose a model and try to show your way of work. A complete workflow should be desirable, like find reference, build the model, apply texture, render, tweak final image in photoshop (eventual).

But you should be carefully what you create, as for example the truck needs some tweaking to look more like a professional model. I don’t say its not a good model, only that some area may be improved.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says
I like the models, especially the gun.

You should make a tutorial with what you know better, chose a model and try to show your way of work. A complete workflow should be desirable, like find reference, build the model, apply texture, render, tweak final image in photoshop (eventual).

But you should be carefully what you create, as for example the truck needs some tweaking to look more like a professional model. I don’t say its not a good model, only that some area may be improved.

cheers for the comment, the truck was done for a speed modelling contest with a deadline of 80 mins, so what i came up with was such a stretch to do in that time period i had to go for an overalll look than a finely polished model, if i was modelling it properly i would have spent more that 4 or 5 hours!

320 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Romania
DoYaSeeMe says

Hey HollowIchigo,

I think you should show some set-ups for work, how to prepare the scene for test renderings, what lights to use, what shadows, what materials, etc, and , why not, for the final renderings, too.

I would personally like to see ways to make creases blend into curved surfaces, things like that.

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Hey HollowIchigo,

I think you should show some set-ups for work, how to prepare the scene for test renderings, what lights to use, what shadows, what materials, etc, and , why not, for the final renderings, too.

I would personally like to see ways to make creases blend into curved surfaces, things like that.

My problem is rendering is not my strogest point, i normally texture things then the rest is handeled in a game engine,

I was going to haqve the first tutorial as a modlling one the next uw mapping of object then texturing and maybee post processing as the last one.

but it is deciding what to do the model on as i dont know what people would most like to see, i want it to be something different that does not have lot of tutorial already coveing it!

by
by
by
by
by
by