2102 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I see a lot of threads about sales going down, and since i have joined i have not found this to be true mine have gone up month on month, not huge sale but slowly improving.

As we a living in a tough climate now you need to chase sales rather than wait for them, if you think of yourself as car salesmen, you would not just wait for a customer to come straight to you in your office, no you go out talk to them and try to sell the car, the same principle need to be applied to the envato market places

my advice is to keep sales from dropping, feel free to add you own

Keep regularly uploading item as they get you on the front page a get you visitors to your portfolio, and i have found this gets you sales, so it good to get on the front page although it not for long it make a difference.

See what sort of items are selling well and try and fill a gap this should bring good sales.

post links where ever relevant and drive traffic to your portfolio don’t waste time just posting anywhere , but on a wider note you need sales, especially in a tough climate to market yourself, get a portfolio online even email design agencies links to you works. and this should help with sales

Get your files in collections and start collections with your file in, just another way you can get you file found on the marketplace

A very important one is to take care when entering keywords when uploading your file, make sure they are all spelt right, or people may not find your file. it a good idea to review your past files and make sure all the spelling it right. also make sure you make full use of them use them all and be a relevant to you work as possible.

another one is to keep a presents in the forum, but don’t abuse it, all drives sales

hope this was of some help!

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says
I see a lot of threads about sales going down, and since i have joined i have not found this to be true mine have gone up month on month, not huge sale but slowly improving.

As we a living in a tough climate now you need to chase sales rather than wait for them, if you think of yourself as car salesmen, you would not just wait for a customer to come straight to you in your office, no you go out talk to them and try to sell the car, the same principle need to be applied to the envato market places

my advice is to keep sales from dropping, feel free to add you own

Keep regularly uploading item as they get you on the front page a get you visitors to your portfolio, and i have found this gets you sales, so it good to get on the front page although it not for long it make a difference.

See what sort of items are selling well and try and fill a gap this should bring good sales.

post links where ever relevant and drive traffic to your portfolio don’t waste time just posting anywhere , but on a wider note you need sales, especially in a tough climate to market yourself, get a portfolio online even email design agencies links to you works. and this should help with sales

Get your files in collections and start collections with your file in, just another way you can get you file found on the marketplace

A very important one is to take care when entering keywords when uploading your file, make sure they are all spelt right, or people may not find your file. it a good idea to review your past files and make sure all the spelling it right. also make sure you make full use of them use them all and be a relevant to you work as possible.

another one is to keep a presents in the forum, but don’t abuse it, all drives sales

hope this was of some help!

I strongly agree with idea for uploading multiple items regularly (not too many but just keep’em coming every now and then) which drives visitors to profile and eventually to the portfolio where they might buy something. I’ve just uploaded 2 items in last two days and waiting for them to be accepted. Also, quality is important otherwise your files won’t be accepted. ;) Also keywords are important too. Great thread ichigo. Will definitely help newbies.

303 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Laith says

+100000 :D

2102 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

good point Raincutter i forgot to say quality is a must you wasting your time if it is not of high quality!

31 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Weird says

At first i felt like i didn’t need to do anything to my profile page, but since i added links to some of my files, my sales have definitely increased.

Don’t underestimate the power of the profile!

3135 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

thanks for the good advice!

117 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Legues says

Hello HollowIchigo

I agree with you in all of your words. I reccommend the same to all GraphicRiver users…. keep working hard and keep believe that your sales will increase a lot!! :)

Best Regards

166 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
esrarazvi says

Good post. I just want to add that Referrals is also big money here, coz every successful referral can get you minimum $6. So start blogging and promoting your stuff on other sites like deviantart.com and link it back to your file at GR (don’t forget to add referral snippet ”” at the end of the URL ) and sure you going to make some extra cash thru referrals.

ER

2102 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Good post. I just want to add that Referrals is also big money here, coz every successful referral can get you minimum $6. So start blogging and promoting your stuff on other sites like deviantart.com and link it back to your file at GR (don’t forget to add referral snippet ”” at the end of the URL ) and sure you going to make some extra cash thru referrals. ER

I forgot to mention this i have link on my DA account to all my work on the envato marketplaces!

Also check you email linked to your account and make sure if any one emails you questions your prompt and reply quickly!

117 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Legues says

Hello HollowIchigo

I´m thinking start promote my work by referrals !! But i´ve got two questions:

1º – What blogs/websites do you use to promote your work? I´m wondering start on DeviantArt but i need to know some other nice websites! Can you advice me what websites should i use?

2º – Does Referrals program works? :)

Best Regards Nuno

by
by
by
by
by
by