372 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
saptarang says

Don’t get addicted to refreshing your browser for $$$....It’s very bad habit and I’m sure everyone has gone through this including me :D Instead work on something new original and quality item :)

139 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

I’m about 4 months into the community and the one thing I would say is find your design style and stick to it. Look at the top sellers, each one has a unique design style that just by looking at the design you would know they made it. It could take time, but as everyone else has said, never give up, don’t take rejections personally, and strive to become a better designer than yesterday. Good luck. I wish you all the best.

210 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
RoundedHexagon says

Lucky that today we found many useful advices from GR experienced authors here.. Very helpful..

Alex Lasek and Joe Banana : “Never give up.. and deal with rejection”

Carlos Viloria : “Focus on quality rather than quantity”

Tany Di and Industry Kidz :“Be unique.. and original”

Mr Charles Brown : “Follow your passion.. and do what you do best”

Yeap, these are good advices. I will have them all in my mind when designing new things here :)

1125 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+3 more
WonderArt says

as I have always said and I repeat now it would be rather than focus on the quantity of work you produce, focus on the quality, no matter how long it takes. Quality work will always take you further ;)

Hey.. nice avatar Carlos.. liked it..

Just love what you do and hard work. Quality always matter. best of luck :)

107 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
henryhu says

Don’t get addicted to refreshing your browser for $$$....It’s very bad habit and I’m sure everyone has gone through this including me :D Instead work on something new original and quality item :)
LOL I’m already addicted …... Such a heartbreaking habit keeping me aware of no one buying my items.
107 posts
+2 more
henryhu says

I’m about 4 months into the community and the one thing I would say is find your design style and stick to it. Look at the top sellers, each one has a unique design style that just by looking at the design you would know they made it. It could take time, but as everyone else has said, never give up, don’t take rejections personally, and strive to become a better designer than yesterday. Good luck. I wish you all the best.

This is really brilliant advice!

I’m still experimenting with every style I can think of and trying for every category…... Now I just have no idea what works the best for me, hopefully I can develop my own unique trademark style soon.

107 posts
+2 more
henryhu says

Hi CynthiaCoons,

I have learned so much good advice from your post!

I’m just as new as you, and what I believe in right now is never losing hope. I have a few approved items now, but as many if not more rejections as well. I start to make some sales, but the number of sales is nothing near satisfactory. The last week has been a nightmare for me as nothing new is approved and no one comes buying as the recent approved items start to sink. But I believe things are gonna be alright eventually.

Best wishes for both of us!

925 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

This is really brilliant advice!

I’m still experimenting with every style I can think of and trying for every category…... Now I just have no idea what works the best for me, hopefully I can develop my own unique trademark style soon.

I’m in the same boat as you Henryhu, mainly because my ‘career’ in digital art began here on Graphic River, so everything i have made here has been a ‘new’ item, but only after 18months do i feel as though i am developing a recognizable style. Thanks to the comments and advice from the fellow authors and staff here.

284 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
unlockedart says

This is a very good thread, there is tons of good information here. I am about a month in and haven’t found my own style yet that’s for sure. I am with heryhu in trying to dabble in everything and see what I like best and what best suits me. It’s nice to hear that join I has been here for 18 months and is now finding his style because well I have no clue what or where to head so it’s nice to see that I am not alone.

1373 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Be original. Give me a beer!

by
by
by
by