9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
vikasjaw says

Hello Guys

I am not a newbie in After Effects.I do compose some videos myself by getting help from Andrew Kramer’s tutorials and some other artists too.

When I make my project I get a feeling that it’s not that good what I thought it would be like.I am concerned about my camera-work(virtual camera of AE).My AE-camera work lacks professional touch.I certainly get confused or stuck on how to adjust it.

Can anyone help me or guide me a nice & easy to follow AE Camera Tutorial ? From beginners level-to-advance level !!!!

Any link or pdf ??

2004 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

what does help a ton is not only setting keyframes and maybe hit easy-easy on them, but actually go into the grapheditor to edit the curves. Also, seperate xyz-coordinates and animate each on their own. Make sure your curve doesn’t have any corners/spikes and you should have a decent smooth animation.

9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
vikasjaw says

what does help a ton is not only setting keyframes and maybe hit easy-easy on them, but actually go into the grapheditor to edit the curves. Also, seperate xyz-coordinates and animate each on their own. Make sure your curve doesn’t have any corners/spikes and you should have a decent smooth animation.
Thanks Creative,

I am fan of your work.
I got your point about separating xyz-coordinates.I’ve tried this method but it does not create that look what I see in work of others here.

The most problematic thing is working with Trapcode Particular.I create null-object or use Light as Emitter and try to make a path.And then when I work with my camera It looks completely disgusting.

2004 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

Well, when it comes to Particular, I can tell you that most of the awesome things people create were discovered by pure accident :D

Did you take a look at Andrew Kramer’s tutorial for Advanced Camera Movement? (parenting the camera to a null object, basically)

I guess much more isn’t available tutorial-wise, as you cannot teach more than that – each camera move is different.

I guess the problem you are facing is what most mographers know: You have something in your mind but you cannot achieve that.

Well, often the solution to this is patience.

Start off with the very basic of your camera move, just use linear keyframes. Don’t care about smoothness first, just get the basic move (from where to where) right. Of course, play around with the rotation (i.e. tilting and panning the camera), too.

After you set up the basic movement the task is to refine it until it’s a smooth move.

9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
vikasjaw says

Well, when it comes to Particular, I can tell you that most of the awesome things people create were discovered by pure accident :D

Did you take a look at Andrew Kramer’s tutorial for Advanced Camera Movement? (parenting the camera to a null object, basically)

I guess much more isn’t available tutorial-wise, as you cannot teach more than that – each camera move is different.

I guess the problem you are facing is what most mographers know: You have something in your mind but you cannot achieve that.

Well, often the solution to this is patience.

Start off with the very basic of your camera move, just use linear keyframes. Don’t care about smoothness first, just get the basic move (from where to where) right. Of course, play around with the rotation (i.e. tilting and panning the camera), too.

After you set up the basic movement the task is to refine it until it’s a smooth move.

Thank You Creattive
Yes I’ve already watched Andrew’s camera tutorial.And I’m working on it exactly like you said :decide where to where & implement it with linear keyframe.Then I’ll try to parent camera to null object & I think some expressions might help me.
Thanks for your help. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by