Hey guys! Even though it hasn’t been that long since my last one (few months?), I had to start another thread asking feedback. Another one of my files faced the reject-hammer
I guess design isn’t my strongest side, and when it comes to improving I usually do recognize a problem after it has been pointed out to me, but I find it difficult to spot them myself.
Luckily, I know you guys love a good bit of ranting and critiquing every now and then. So yeah, it would be awesome if you could just have a look at my latest product (it’s supposed to be a Mini-site template..) right here!
All comments, the good and the bad, are more than welcome!
first thing just opening the link… text is small, not a pixelfont and not antialiased. That combo gets the hairs on the back of my head right up. Maybe antialias it or use a pixelfont… (notice the “e” and “r” push the next letter glued against itself)
there is nothing wrong with your template. it may be rejected because it is super simple in design
My honest input – to help you out
- Need option for logo somewhere – probably above menu (you need to have some sort of title or logo somewhere.. otherwise what is this about? )
- Add tweened rollover on main menu buttons – not just instantly change brightness
- Main menu buttons could use some spicing up – glow effect on text or better gradient
- Add a simple footer for copy right info, twitter – whatever
- Add tweened fade in on gallery thumbs – not just appear
- Music option, maybe just 1 track with mute button
- On services – maybe remove that effect where the line goes from the menu and does a step ladder thing and then swipes downwards – seems a bit over the top.. otherwise I like the effect on other sections
- Maybe have some better background for the content area – like an image that can change per section – or maybe just a nice radial gradient or something – needs some spicing up
- Main background – drop in a tiled image.. like those wood textures or stone or something.. that would liven things up!
- Add sexy girls imagery
Other than that, it has potential
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.