25 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Wspanels says

This is not the first time I come here to complain, I know it will show people saying I’m wrong, but that does not matter to me.

I have worked hard with affiliate links, last month my friend bought 2 themes with my link and not the visit was counted.

They claimed that my friend was with cookie / ip stored, okay, I accepted the explanation.

Today we made the purchase of another theme, this time took all necessary measures to have no problem.

1 – Removed all the Internet history 2 – Do not use the same browser 3 – Reset the modem

Result, nor told his visit. much less money.

I DO WRONG SUPPLIES THE LINK, I have over 600 clicks and 0 records.

disappointment, I thought I could expect something better.

5166 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

The affiliate program is protected in many ways to prevent any “gaming” of the system. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening but if you’re trying to go through great lengths to reset a computer back to default, it could be that the purchase may not be qualified in the first place. Thanks!

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

Yes, I’d be happy if that were the case! But the buyer is a customer. His account has 3 themes, nothing more. What say almost a thousand clicks and 0 records? What about the system computes my clicks and not the customer? I live 2000km away from that customer.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

Every system has flaws

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

You can say that the system of affiliate ThemeForest is strong, has fraud protection, but there foolproof system? Obviously not!

5166 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Got it :) I’m not an expert on the Affiliate program by any stretch of the imagination, so I’d recommend opening another Support ticket so they can check into for you. Thanks!

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

thank you Last time I opened ticket went up days for a response and when it came, they spoke what you said here, so no use.

4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

thank you Last time I opened ticket went up days for a response and when it came, they spoke what you said here, so no use.

Had the same problem, wrong market target! I got tons of click… no deposits! Target the proper audience! :)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Enabled is correct – I have thousands of clicks per month and only a handful of purchases – however if targeted correctly then that ratio gives better results – such is marketing and affiliate programs for anything and everything.

One word however, not entirely sure you should be using the official WordPress logo as your avatar… it does make it look like you are officially from WordPress and that is miscommunication based on a trademarked logo, I would be careful using that and surprised Envato allow it.

1712 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Had the same problem, wrong market target! I got tons of click… no deposits! Target the proper audience! :)

That is not the case here, if I’m reading the original message correctly. He opened a new account using a browser that had no previous history & cookies and bought a theme to see if the system works. Morally speaking, this is wrong. But this is the best way to see if your clicks are processed normally.

There’s no protection that can “prevent” the behaviour the OP did, unless you use things like IP / browser and other info you can get from a visitor, but that’s totally not relevant since the IP’s are changing most of the time and the same IP may go to lots of persons during a whole week.

So, either the OP did something wrong(had some cookies/history left) or used an e-mail address/payment method that was already used… or something’s wrong/broken with the affiliate system. It works, but if it removes 10% of the valid new users, that’s not okay.

by
by
by
by
by
by