301 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
ichurakov says

Hi guys. Is it allowed to use affiliate links on item description page. For example, my item works with MailChimp, AWeber, Mad Mimi, etc. Of course item description page contains list of supported e-mail marketing providers. Can I hyperlink items of this list with affiliate links?

5776 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

No you can’t use affiliate links on your item pages. We don’t want a marketplace inside the Marketplaces :) Thanks!

301 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
ichurakov says

Thank you. :-)

672 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
abstract-labs says

I have seen descriptions with affiliate links to other services like Voicebunny, is this allowed?

5776 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

I have seen descriptions with affiliate links to other services like Voicebunny, is this allowed?

No this wouldn’t be allowed either. If it is brought to the attention of Support they will need to be removed. Thanks!

53 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
ValvePress says

Even if you added your affiliate link in the item description it will not be counted as a refer because once a user visit the page envato record the refer cookie to -1 and will not count any refer

it will only count it if the visitor visited the page for the first time from your ref

365 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
DOGmotion says

No this wouldn’t be allowed either. If it is brought to the attention of Support they will need to be removed. Thanks!

So reviewers must look closer to Videohive items, because this marketplace full of Voicebunny affiliate links.

7791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Even if you added your affiliate link in the item description it will not be counted as a refer because once a user visit the page envato record the refer cookie to -1 and will not count any refer it will only count it if the visitor visited the page for the first time from your ref

is about referral to different marketplaces than envato

is actually a good thing to add referrals with the envato referral program to your items in the item description. Sometime the item description is copy paste in the wild. those referrals links will go along and will become live and then you can make some money

yes is a shot in the dark bit I think it works :)

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

We are not allowed to provide affiliate links to plugins either? For example, you have a WordPress theme with WPML integration, you put a an affiliate link to WPML on your description page.

53 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+5 more
ValvePress says

Even if you added your affiliate link in the item description it will not be counted as a refer because once a user visit the page envato record the refer cookie to -1 and will not count any refer it will only count it if the visitor visited the page for the first time from your ref

is about referral to different marketplaces than envato

is actually a good thing to add referrals with the envato referral program to your items in the item description. Sometime the item description is copy paste in the wild. those referrals links will go along and will become live and then you can make some money

yes is a shot in the dark bit I think it works :)

Oh I got it wrong. Thanks for the clarification and for the tip either.

by
by
by
by
by
by