• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
It runs on 64 bit, but my Mac doesn’t list it as a native 64-bit app in the Activity Monitor.

I think it can only use more than 3GB if running multiple instances of the app. I personally prefer not to work in ‘multiprocessor’ mode, as you don’t have the overhead when previewing…. i.e. the wait while it organises all its background processes.

There’s some kind of helper app called AdobeCrashDaemon running. Perhaps After Effects should relaunch under this name. :)

lol :)

I dont use the multiprocessor mode neither…got a lot of crashes!

145 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frayquantum says

everyone should have done this since 64-bit processor became more common years ago… finally some good news. (I twitched when microsoft says they will still make win7 with 32-bit versions…., if they put all of those engineers to perfect the 64-bit part, things will be better)

at last all that unused power can be utilized now, just need to add more RAM .

my current CS4 runs in virtualization mode (as 32-bit in a 64 bit windows env. 2 copies of it appears when rendering in the task manager), and it does feel faster.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
everyone should have done this since 64-bit processor became more common years ago… finally some good news. (I twitched when microsoft says they will still make win7 with 32-bit versions…., if they put all of those engineers to perfect the 64-bit part, things will be better)

at last all that unused power can be utilized now, just need to add more RAM .

my current CS4 runs in virtualization mode (as 32-bit in a 64 bit windows env. 2 copies of it appears when rendering in the task manager), and it does feel faster.

hold on a second fray….virtualization on which OS? Mac or Windows? Could you explaing this a little more? Sounds interesting…I love computers!

145 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
frayquantum says

Im running windows.

but Virtualization is a hardware feature, so supposedly apple computers which use intel processors should have Virtualization tech to run 32-bit programs. I never read up anything about apple though, so I’m not sure how it works in there

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Im running windows. but Virtualization is a hardware feature, so supposedly apple computers which use intel processors should have Virtualization tech to run 32-bit programs. I never read up anything about apple though, so I’m not sure how it works in there

I was just wondering…but is possible in Mac also. Have both systems…Thanks Fray!

35 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
TopherWelsh says

So, I actually called into the AE line last week and talked to Michael Coleman and the team, after being corrected by Rich Young…

Currently there’s no 64-bit version of AE.

BUT ! the 64 bit version for CS5 can utilize as much RAM per core as you want. so say you have 32 gb? you can put all that through one core or split it up as much as you want if you have dual quad core processors.

quite versatile really.

Just wanted to clear that up.

by
by
by
by
by
by