409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
joesacco says

I was also curious as to why the sales have dropped around here … also page views. What exactly are they changing around here with the search engine? Is there an official explanation somewhere as to what they have done? Whatever it is, doesn’t look like its helping anybody here. I wonder if they are also working on the dozens of other site features we have requested that could potentially increase our sales and make the site easier and more efficient for us. Is it just me or are things moving backwards here? You’re right it’s no secret most of us are probably on other sites too, I just hope the jungle can keep its head above water and compete with these other sites. By the looks of it, the way it’s going, that’s gonna take a while!

491 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

I’m having a pretty bad month too… Sales and pageviews dropped a lot lately. I’m not really sure if it’s the new search engine, but I’m selling my work on other sites (not the same items ;)) and the sales there didn’t drop, but are just above my avarge.

I’m also wondering if there is an official explanation about the new search engine? Maybe one of the mods / devs can shed their light on this?

240 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+4 more
BCrutchfield Reviewer says

I’m having a pretty bad month too… Sales and pageviews dropped a lot lately. I’m not really sure if it’s the new search engine, but I’m selling my work on other sites (not the same items ;)) and the sales there didn’t drop, but are just above my avarge. I’m also wondering if there is an official explanation about the new search engine? Maybe one of the mods / devs can shed their light on this?

Check out the dev’s post in this thread: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/search-system-works-strange-again/60009?page=9

Basically the search is “working properly”, and they will be adding in more stuff to “enhance” it “later this year”. Lets hope they go ahead and eat crow on this issue a lot sooner than that.

170 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
solarsound says

I’m sure you all will take this the wrong way, but I see many of you have hundreds or thousand sales. I have been here 3 plus years and see the site go through many changes and many authors come and go. When I have voiced concerns or valid points, nobody cared what I thought. Only a few authors here have ever respected anything I have to say. So sorry if I don’t feel sorry for you.

I struggle for 3 years with 5-10 sales a month, working a day audio production job, and making music nights and weekends, while still trying to find time with my daughter. Struggling to pay bills just like everyone else, and I’m still grateful for the few sales that I get each month. This has been a great month for me and I’m very thankful.

It may be search engine related to an extent, but also I’ve seen the site flooded with more authors and music (especially corporate) than I have ever seen before. Have you ever thought that could be part of the reason? If you crank out the same song over and over again, eventually buyers will find something else, and you will be left with a portfolio that no one wants.

Many of you complaining don’t have any referrals. Why are you not promoting? You expect the Audiojungle search engine to do all the work for you?

Well, these are just a few of my thoughts. And I’m sure no one cares, so I will go back to not posting for a while. But thanks for reading even if I offended you.

richspeller_music
richspeller_music Recent Posts
Threads Started
131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
richspeller_music says

Yes…. I was not going to mention anything either as I only have six sales in total but after having one week of steady sales and then nothing since Tuesday I am now getting paranoid… especially after reading this and I knew nothing of any changes.

I am hoping it is a little blip that’s all …....... :crying:

763 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
StudioEtude says

I’m having a pretty bad month too… Sales and pageviews dropped a lot lately. I’m not really sure if it’s the new search engine, but I’m selling my work on other sites (not the same items ;)) and the sales there didn’t drop, but are just above my avarge. I’m also wondering if there is an official explanation about the new search engine? Maybe one of the mods / devs can shed their light on this?
Thanks for answer! But one indicator – is not an indicator)) want more opinions …
378 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
+2 more
leto says

I think its not time to panic and everything will be back to normal soon. Patience and hard work is winning combination. I`m here 3 years now and I had a lot`s of ups and downs. This is one of the downs :)

Cheers!

491 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

Many of you complaining don’t have any referrals. Why are you not promoting? You expect the Audiojungle search engine to do all the work for you?

I can only speak for myself but just to be clear; I’m not complaining, just noticing / observing :)

547 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

Yes…. I was not going to mention anything either as I only have six sales in total but after having one week of steady sales and then nothing since Tuesday I am now getting paranoid… especially after reading this and I knew nothing of any changes. I am hoping it is a little blip that’s all …....... :crying:

We’re quite new here too so we figured that it was normal but to see so many top authors complain about this is quite worrisome. We haven’t had a sale in 17 days and it’s not like we have a small or unvaried portfolio. No matter what AudioJungle’s web structure is far cleaner than any other stock music website so we really want to stay here but if clients aren’t finding the music they need and going elsewhere it might put this site in serious danger.

1066 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
LumenMedia says

Well, what i decided to do – to cancel exclusive agreement, and to place my music non-exclusive on other services.

by
by
by
by
by
by