169 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CallMePaul says

I was getting crazy. For some reason Cufon was not working for me on IE6 . I tried everything, I reordered the scitps, changed the classes names, etc, etc, and nothing seemed to work. I spent hours on that…

...this morning I went to my parents house to say Hi and I decided to test it there (yes, every parent has an old PC with IE6 on it ;)

voila! It worked!

The reason?

I was testing on the IE6 version provided by spoon http://spoon.net/browsers/ and it seems it doesn’t have the full components the “real” ie6 has…

So my question now…how do you guys test your themes, sites? do you use any tool or you actually have all browsers installed?

Thanks! Paul

962 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

I have all my main testing browsers installed on XP. FF, Opera, Safari, Ie6, 7, 8, Chrome. One of the main reasons I won’t “upgrade” to vista etc

no-thumbnail
AstigmaProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AstigmaProductions says

When possible checking on the real IE6 is always your best bet. At work though, I use a program called IETester, and get pretty good results. You can check it out here.

There is another program I used for a while called Multiple IEs. It was kind of buggy when I used it a few years ago, but it might be more stable now.

Good luck!

228 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stevebluck says

I had same problem with IETester, but I just did what you did, actually used ie6 to test it.

I think now IETester renders cufon properly, not sure though.

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

I test my stuff on xp/vista and windows7, with ie6(multiple browser & ietester) chrome3 and chrome4 beta, safari, IE7 /8 and firefox. So i am pretty sure that my stuff works ;)

But because i know how to program for all browsers i do not have to change a lot of stuff.

123 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
adam_robinson says

you can try browser lab from adobe. But nothing beats having a ‘proper’ copy on an old machine.

2324 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
I had same problem with IETester, but I just did what you did, actually used ie6 to test it. I think now IETester renders cufon properly, not sure though.

IEtester is a great tool but it isn’t the real thing. When i test my stuff in ie6 it looks an works perfect but once i open it in ietester there will be trouble ;)

169 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CallMePaul says

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no way to have the real IE 6 ,7 and 8 installed on the same Vista installation, right?

no-thumbnail
AstigmaProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AstigmaProductions says
you can try browser lab from adobe. But nothing beats having a ‘proper’ copy on an old machine.

Oh yeah, similar to Browser Lab, there is SuperPreview. It is actually made by Microsoft, so I’d hope they are able to get IE6 accurate lol.

169 posts
+1 more
CallMePaul says
Oh yeah, similar to Browser Lab, there is SuperPreview. It is actually made by Microsoft, so I’d hope they are able to get IE6 accurate lol.

I just installed it. Its a nice tool…but cufon still not showing even there :(

by
by
by
by
by
by