• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no way to have the real IE 6 ,7 and 8 installed on the same Vista installation, right?

Nope…Vista came with IE7 , and there’s no way to remove it to install IE6 …natively, that is

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says

I just use Windows Virtual Machine with free images from Microsoft of Windows XP, one with IE6 and second with IE7 installed. In addition I install FF2 on those XP systems. On my Win7 I have Safari, FF3 , IE8 (plus I can view sites in IE8 as IE7 mode), Chrome and Opera. I also always check the sites on Mac in FF3 and Safari. So that’s all I need. I really recommend using these free images from Microsoft as you will never have the same experience when using things like BrowserLab (once I had very strange bug in IE7 with background displayed over the container content when you hovered you mouse over it).

88 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Singapore
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Gyro says

I am facepalming for the hours wasted on my previous project in getting cufon to work right in ietester. oh snap. At least you found out that the fault lied in ietester T_T

I used to use VM, but I always found ie6 incredibly time consuming (refreshes, page loadings etc. always took very long, which was rather counterproductive.) Is it better now?

169 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CallMePaul says
I am facepalming for the hours wasted on my previous project in getting cufon to work right in ietester. oh snap. At least you found out that the fault lied in ietester T_T I used to use VM, but I always found ie6 incredibly time consuming (refreshes, page loadings etc. always took very long, which was rather counterproductive.) Is it better now?

Good News! I WAS WRONG ! Cufon does work on the IE6 version of SuperPreview. And there is some kind of firebug version inside it so I think you all will find it very useful.

by
by
by
by
by
by