8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
MikeyDada says

Can anyone point me to instructions to unzip a downloaded theme once purchased? I bought PhotoNexus yeaterday and it’s still languishing in the downloads folder. Double click, left/right click as I may, nothing runs, nothing extracts, nothing opens.

Strange, the purchase procedure was a cinch! :-)

3121 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Can anyone point me to instructions to unzip a downloaded theme once purchased? I bought PhotoNexus yeaterday and it’s still languishing in the downloads folder. Double click, left/right click as I may, nothing runs, nothing extracts, nothing opens. Strange, the purchase procedure was a cinch! :-)

try re-downloading it, it could have been a corrupt download

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wpminima says

Can anyone point me to instructions to unzip a downloaded theme once purchased? I bought PhotoNexus yeaterday and it’s still languishing in the downloads folder. Double click, left/right click as I may, nothing runs, nothing extracts, nothing opens. Strange, the purchase procedure was a cinch! :-)

This could be the case. Are you sure you have Winzip installed? Or any other program that can unzip zipped files? :)

8 posts
MikeyDada says

Thanks. I assumed, with Windows being as inclusive as it nowadays is, that there would be unzip software already installed and obvious to use. Will try a new download as suggested, saw the option before but I assumed I’d have to pay the same again. Don’t think its a corrupt file though, when I double-clicked to extract it before, all I got was another document opening with the Theme’s components separated but no obvious way to go from there. No way to actually realize the theme on screen and get to work uploading images.

Maybe a video on what to do to get started after downloading Themeforest stuff might lower untrained customer stress levels? :S

8 posts
MikeyDada says

Can anyone point me to instructions to unzip a downloaded theme once purchased? I bought PhotoNexus yeaterday and it’s still languishing in the downloads folder. Double click, left/right click as I may, nothing runs, nothing extracts, nothing opens. Okay, have re-downloaded. left click/right click / double click whatever, I just get a new popup opening with four folder icons; _MACOSX, photonexus-pac and the same two repeated under blank folder icons. I’m getting nowhere with this, why isn’t it made obvious tpo customers how to get the downloaded file into the onscreen form we see in PhotoNexus Live Demo and to get uploading image files ? Strange, the purchase procedure was a cinch! :-)
This could be the case. Are you sure you have Winzip installed? Or any other program that can unzip zipped files? :)
6 posts
mermaid52 says

Did you try to upload the .zip file to your cpanel? It extracts the .zip file automatically. You don’t have to unzip it.
2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says
Did you try to upload the .zip file to your cpanel? It extracts the .zip file automatically. You don’t have to unzip it.

Don’t do this – as this buyer already has a forum post stating this does not work because you should not be trying to upload your entire downloaded zip file – unzip then follow instructions.

8 posts
MikeyDada says

Don’t do this – as this buyer already has a forum post stating this does not work because you should not be trying to upload your entire downloaded zip file – unzip then follow instructions.

Okay, thanks. Guess I just wasted $30

4616 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

Okay, thanks. Guess I just wasted $30

Why did you waste $30? It’s simply a matter of following the instructions that are contained in the download.

8 posts
MikeyDada says

Have downloaded jzip and re-downloaded PhotoNexus using that. Same problem, cant get anything to open in any relevant way. Have a pdf explaining Photo Nexus, thats it!

Just want to know step by step how to get the Theme onscreen to upload my archive of jpegs too. Seems a tall order.

by
by
by
by
by
by