153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
wpminima says

You have not wasted your money, the theme is guaranteed to work, you just have to upload it properly! :) Check out this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes

It explains in detail how to install a theme (numerous ways)! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them here! :)

8 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
MikeyDada says

You have not wasted your money, the theme is guaranteed to work, you just have to upload it properly! :) Check out this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes It explains in detail how to install a theme (numerous ways)! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them here! :)

Thanks, but you need to UNZIP and EXTRACT the file first. Dont tell me there are even more problems awaiting in having to install it? Jeez Just want to know how to get from the zipped file to the onscreen live theme to start uploading images. Step by step. It isnt explained anywhere, youve just shunted me off to another convoluted forum!

This feels liked a great way to have a coronary, better leave it there for now.

Why doesnt Themeforest give step by step guide to actually getting the theme displayed and ready to tweak and upload photo files to on customers computer?

Should be a basic part basic customer care/support post purchase.

153 posts
wpminima says

Sorry if I offended you in any way by providing that link I tought it was what you were asking for..

Here is a step by step tutorial:

• Download the file from themeforest (it will be a zip file)
  • Unpack (e.g unzip) the file you just downloaded by using a zip client (Winzip or other)
  • Install a Zip client, the most popular is Winzip
  • After installing the program locate your downloaded file, right click it and select unzip
  • it will most likely ask you where to unpack the contents of the zip so choose a folder
  • Inside the just unpacked file there will be another zip file -> this is the one you need
  • Go to your wordpress installation
  • Go to appearance -> themes
  • Choose “install themes” (top tab)
  • Choose “upload theme” and press on the button
  • Select the zip file that was inside your downloaded file
  • upload it and after it has finished press activate

Hope it helps!!

8 posts
MikeyDada says

Sorry if I offended you in any way by providing that link I tought it was what you were asking for..

Here is a step by step tutorial:

• Download the file from themeforest (it will be a zip file)
  • Unpack (e.g unzip) the file you just downloaded by using a zip client (Winzip or other)
  • Install a Zip client, the most popular is Winzip
  • After installing the program locate your downloaded file, right click it and select unzip
  • it will most likely ask you where to unpack the contents of the zip so choose a folder
  • Inside the just unpacked file there will be another zip file -> this is the one you need
  • Go to your wordpress installation
  • Go to appearance -> themes
  • Choose “install themes” (top tab)
  • Choose “upload theme” and press on the button
  • Select the zip file that was inside your downloaded file
  • upload it and after it has finished press activate

Hope it helps!!

“Wordpress installation”... what would that be when it’s home for the weekend, please?

153 posts
wpminima says

“Wordpress instalation” is your website where you have installed Wordpress :)

8 posts
MikeyDada says

“Wordpress instalation” is your website where you have installed Wordpress :)

I havent installed Wordpress anywhere to my knowledge. Didnt know I had to. btw I downloaded something called jzip, it was no 1 in search engine along with Winzip. Guess what, its redirect malware, wont uninstall. Now I need expert help to sort it out.

Not my lucky day hey. What a goddam nightmare this all is

3467 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Hey Mikey,

Sorry to hear that you’re frustrated, but if you’re unfamiliar with WordPress it sounds like you may have started somewhere in the middle, and that’s where all the confusion is coming from. I’d recommend starting at the beginning – check out WordPress – the blogging/CMS platform that the themes which are sold here run on top of.

When you’re to the point where you’re buying a theme, it’s assumed you’ve already got an understanding of how WordPress works, and you’ve installed it on your server, etc. If you don’t already have that knowledge, don’t worry, there are lots of guides on wordpress.org and tutorials around the web that walk you through the process – you just have to invest the time to review them :)

If you’re going to be taking on webmaster responsibilities, you’ll definitely want to be familiar with archived (zip) files. It’s been a while since I’ve used a Windows machine, but I thought they handled unzipping, at least, natively (see compress and uncompress files).

If not, I remember I used to use 7-zip, which always worked fine for me.

I have never heard of jzip, and it’d be surprising if malware was a top result in Google’s SERPs.

Hope that helps!

2 posts
victorysinghs says

Hi all:

I JUST purchased the Blanco ecommerse there today 1/18/2013. After I bought it I got a css.style error from WordPress.Then when I came back to themeforest,NOW they tell me I will have issues. I tried and tried to follow the instructions,but really can’t seem to get it.I am no techy but am feeling like a fool,because I don’t understand what they mean,when they say to “manually” unzip the css file to the other file,and dont upload a file etc!!!!!! PLEASE help on this someone..step by step.

3885 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says
@Victorysinghs: Assuming you purchased the WORDPRESS ECOMMERCE version and NOT the MAGENTO version then. Check this out:
http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

You have to have your own domain URL and hosting and have Wordpress installed and NOT be trying to use this with Wordpress.com site.

Once WP is installed unzip the folder you download from here. In there will be folders and files and you need to locate the THEME folder (this may or may not be zipped and will probably be called the file name or similar).

It is this folder and no other (e.g. help folders or PSDs) that you need to upload to Wordpress by FTP or via the admin
3 posts
aughty says

I finally got it to open. Don’t know what I did, but I am ready to work on it.

by
by
by
by
by
by