• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
im_ahmad says

after get rejected 5 times, I changed everything in the theme, graphics, style, functions and features, I added more sections to homepage, added 40+ shortcodes and improved typography, do you feel that Themeforest can accept my theme now
http://themes.a-salah.com/kalabala/

273 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
doubleF says

Hi ! For you :) :

http://d.pr/i/bw73

Hope that I can help you :)

65 posts I'm Ahmad, since 1989
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

OMG! It doesn’t look like the image you printed for me, on my laptop looks more beautiful than this, and I don’t have the spacing and alignment problems

273 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
doubleF says

You’re right, that my f*cking connection….so some points are false now but the rest is always here :P

407 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Sorry but with respect you still have issues:
- Spacing and alignment throughout the site
- Typography (especially the headings)
- The about us page with the contact form looks incomplete and does not work – break the two pages apart
- The blog main page is not there in terms of spacing and think how to determine what type of post each is. As it is they all look the same
- The blog post pages look incomplete and too basic
- Consider more portfolio/page/blog alternatives including sidebars etc
- Still not too sure about the background and the ”+” symbol dividers

Its a definite improvement but still not quite there and does not look premium enough yet. Try not to rush and pay attention to detail.

Do not give up.

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

Sorry but with respect you still have issues:
- Spacing and alignment throughout the site
- Typography (especially the headings)
- The about us page with the contact form looks incomplete and does not work – break the two pages apart
- The blog main page is not there in terms of spacing and think how to determine what type of post each is. As it is they all look the same
- The blog post pages look incomplete and too basic
- Consider more portfolio/page/blog alternatives including sidebars etc
- Still not too sure about the background and the ”+” symbol dividers

Its a definite improvement but still not quite there and does not look premium enough yet. Try not to rush and pay attention to detail.

Do not give up.

Big thanks for your detailed review brother :) For me because I worked hard to make the theme, I can’t see these issues, I feel that my theme is the best wordpress theme ever hahaha :D

so what’s your advice to fix the spacing, alignment and typography? for the blog post I aim to make it so basic and simple, I focus on the portfolio section in my theme, and the background is changeable via the option panel, this is my selection for the demo site, and every site owner can upload his own bg, the divider I liked it but I need others opinion

407 posts
  • Europe
PaddyTaylor says

It is a good start – it is just that on here the standards are high and it needs to be spot on.

Alignment and spacing you need to make yourself – there is no advice so much as you just need to make sure it is all correctly laid out.

I would give it all a bit more space to breath for example on the about page (which is now not there) the copy and the map were nearly touching. If you are going to use such a bold divider then you need to increase the spacing below it before further content a bit. Look at the articles on the home page the columns are very close together and look almost touching in the main copy. Personally I would extend the height of the images here also but thats just me. It is things like this that need polishing here.

Typography wise again its the choice of fonts, the different heading sizes, the line and letter spacing makes it hard to read and really your H tags should not be smaller than the main copy! There is a lot of copy in some area sof the site so messy typography will make it hard to read.

I would suggest making the portfolio item pages consistent (include stuff like social sharing, client names, details etc and make maybe one like the first one with full image and an alternative with image and content side by side). This makes it look different from your blog posts and more clean. Also add portfolio filtering.

You have many shortcodes which is good, maybe use some better icons for the boxes etc. You really need to have more page templates e.g. services, about us, contact maybe example sof full width, left sidebar, right sidebar and so on – and make the complete: do not rush them. Remember how many less experience buy templates here and will look for these as a starting point.

The blog: You have got to categorise obviously the post types. Right now they all look the same. I think it is too basic generally it needs to be more professional looking in design. Offer version of it with different sidebars, columns etc.

The posts again need to be consistent, add social sharing and generally tidy the page up. REALLY think about spacing here – the images are just shoved into the post with no positioning or purpose and look squashed and a bit messy.

Overall get you want to be simple and clean but that does not mean it cannot be sophisticated. Generally its polishing and refining the design whilst adding the missing bits. It just seems like you are rushing to get it approved and missing stuff as a result.

You have a nice start but you should relax and take your time to get it just right.

I totally understand that as your own work you are protective of it BUT take a look at the big sellers and top authors work – can you not see the differences?

Keep posting updates

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

It is a good start – it is just that on here the standards are high and it needs to be spot on.

Alignment and spacing you need to make yourself – there is no advice so much as you just need to make sure it is all correctly laid out.

I would give it all a bit more space to breath for example on the about page (which is now not there) the copy and the map were nearly touching. If you are going to use such a bold divider then you need to increase the spacing below it before further content a bit. Look at the articles on the home page the columns are very close together and look almost touching in the main copy. Personally I would extend the height of the images here also but thats just me. It is things like this that need polishing here.

Typography wise again its the choice of fonts, the different heading sizes, the line and letter spacing makes it hard to read and really your H tags should not be smaller than the main copy! There is a lot of copy in some area sof the site so messy typography will make it hard to read.

I would suggest making the portfolio item pages consistent (include stuff like social sharing, client names, details etc and make maybe one like the first one with full image and an alternative with image and content side by side). This makes it look different from your blog posts and more clean. Also add portfolio filtering.

You have many shortcodes which is good, maybe use some better icons for the boxes etc. You really need to have more page templates e.g. services, about us, contact maybe example sof full width, left sidebar, right sidebar and so on – and make the complete: do not rush them. Remember how many less experience buy templates here and will look for these as a starting point.

The blog: You have got to categorise obviously the post types. Right now they all look the same. I think it is too basic generally it needs to be more professional looking in design. Offer version of it with different sidebars, columns etc.

The posts again need to be consistent, add social sharing and generally tidy the page up. REALLY think about spacing here – the images are just shoved into the post with no positioning or purpose and look squashed and a bit messy.

Overall get you want to be simple and clean but that does not mean it cannot be sophisticated. Generally its polishing and refining the design whilst adding the missing bits. It just seems like you are rushing to get it approved and missing stuff as a result.

You have a nice start but you should relax and take your time to get it just right.

I totally understand that as your own work you are protective of it BUT take a look at the big sellers and top authors work – can you not see the differences?

Keep posting updates

Many thanks for the time you wasted to help me, You really helped me, it’s not a review, it’s a lesson :) thanks brother

407 posts
  • Europe
PaddyTaylor says

No worries – keep us posted

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Taaz says

Hello asalah, every new thread you make there is much improvement on your theme. Make sure you pay much attention to detail (minute or not). Good luck & keep at it

Taaz

by
by
by
by
by
by