• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
OneManBand says

Hi there,

I’m finishing an Air app and now I wonder: what to do with the preview here in ActiveDen? Because I can’t make a swf that works like the desktop AIR version.

This AIR app is intended to be USED (not customized, even it can be done of course), so providing an “install” button is not an option I think. Or should i make something like a “trial” version that can be installed?

How would you go about this?

Thanks!

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+2 more
LanceSnider says
Hi there,

I’m finishing an Air app and now I wonder: what to do with the preview here in ActiveDen? Because I can’t make a swf that works like the desktop AIR version.

This AIR app is intended to be USED (not customized, even it can be done of course), so providing an “install” button is not an option I think. Or should i make something like a “trial” version that can be installed?

How would you go about this?

Thanks!

Maybe you could create a video or even a dumbed down preview. That’s what DomenicoCitrangulo does. http://activeden.net/item/desktop-youtube-air-app/104075 If you click on anything that requires it to on the desktop, you just get a little tooltip saying that feature only works in the download version. Good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by