8291 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

Who cares about this:) html5 will take over the web anyway…

sad that you have no belief in the platform and just listen to all the haters. There will always be a place for Flash on the web and html5 can’t even touch what AIR can so meh…

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

Funny thing suddenly there is no more good flash/flex developers to hire you can come to the place i am right now on the spot $1000 a week for a “good” flex/flash/air developer with 1-2 years experiences.

Company like Myopia (http://www.mytopia.com/) struggling finding good flex/flash/air developers or like 888.com one of the biggest gaming company in the world can’t find good flex/flash/air developer for over a month ,now that is the real world .

This is true, lot of flash and flex devs just jump on canvas stuff because clients demand iOS compatibility. It’s hard to find great flex developers at the moment. Flex was donated to Apache months ago and not really sure what the future holds for it.

Honestly, it’s sad to see where Flash is going. I miss all great experiences it creates, those beautiful Flash site on FWA won’t ever be replicated in html5 for at least the next 2 years within this pace.

379 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
MarcoSecchi Envato team says

and yet something is moving :

:)

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

This is true, lot of flash and flex devs just jump on canvas stuff because clients demand iOS compatibility. It’s hard to find great flex developers at the moment. Flex was donated to Apache months ago and not really sure what the future holds for it.
Many people i talk with on this flex sector issue got very disappointment with the flex been dump to the Apache .

I was never flex expert on the high level but it’s a shame , still if you love the flash IDE or FB, AIR is a great alternative (Marco will avoid the IDE we all know that :P ).

Someone told me yesterday flash stop becoming flash when AS3 came out, at this stage you should had stop calling yourself a flasher and you start your way as a programmer, most AS3 flasher`s or AS2 shifters to AS3 didn’t get that part until it was too late for them .

In a way i look at js ,80% from what i see is lean on jQuery in my eyes you cannot call yourself a programmer if you don’t understand the DOM .

When platform like WEBGL and the canvas will start be dominate in a few years then people will understand how things are getting more complex for them and the cycle of shaking will start over.

Building website should be easy ; mobile will never be that easy, this market just move way way to fast …this is why AIR will be such a great alternative for developers not for small stock market sell …or maybe i am just wrong …..Who knows…

One thing i can say on the AD community we have, its not relevant anymore… and i never find where the God dam AIR section is …..

379 posts
+10 more

One thing i can say on the AD community we have, its not relevant anymore… and i never find where the God dam AIR section is …..

An Air section and a Mobile section are two things I would love to find on AD too :P

209 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

AIR for mobile and desktop has it own place and much brighter future than Flash Player on the web. html5 is not a direct competitor to it and can’t do anything like AIR does, just let you know.

A smart developer always codes in the native language, what will happen if I invest 3 years of my time in air and then adobe is making a switch again?

Thank you but no I learned my lesson, I do not care anymore about adobe because adobe dose not give a s… about us developers.

379 posts
+10 more

AIR for mobile and desktop has it own place and much brighter future than Flash Player on the web. html5 is not a direct competitor to it and can’t do anything like AIR does, just let you know.

A smart developer always codes in the native language, what will happen if I invest 3 years of my time in air and then adobe is making a switch again?

Thank you but no I learned my lesson, I do not care anymore about adobe because adobe dose not give a s… about us developers.

I may agree to a certain point. Going native is the best solution in the long term. However in my opinion, AIR is still awesome for rapidly prototyping applications and it’s a good tool for Flash developers trying to make a smooth transition.

And don’t forget that you can go hybrid (AIR + native extensions) ;)

The point about Adobe policies is a good one… I still can’t believe they have dropped PixelBender technology :P

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Devarai says

Tsafi, why should a good Air for mobile developer want to join such companies you mentioned for 4k bucks a month? Better write 2-3 apps for iOS and Android yourself and spend more time in the sun at the beach. Good quality apps easily hav a pay-out of some thousand dollars a month.

Dev

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Hi Devarai.

I am a freelance for almost 10 years now i am tired :P + i am sick of others using small cap stock files app and selling them to others and making money on our back.

But that the cost if you want your freedom ,interesting you pop Devarai, i just saw one of your AD files been use by a studio, they change a few stuff there and i guess they credit the work . i come to the point here by just looking on a file globalize if it’s from AD i know who make it :P .

Also if 888.com will offered you a job as flash HT trust me you will take it ….

Look like you are doing well on your mobile app`s outside AD, that make me happy for you, kudos bro` …

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Devarai says

> i just saw one of your AD files been use by a studio

Is it online? Can I take a look? Actually I have seen some word search apps on the Android that took my ActiveDen file, modified it a bit and put it there. I really hope they bought an extended license man.

Regards, Dev

by
by
by
by
by
by