1698 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Redheads rock :)

OK, give the slider some navigation, I cannot wait for it to slide automatically.

120 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Flay says

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! There will be a better navigation (along with the other stuffs you mentioned) in the next update :).

1386 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
IngeniousArtist says

Very nice and useful site. Thank you :)

120 posts
+2 more
Flay says

No guarantee, tho, since I can’t be responsible for uploaded images where the uploader does not own the copyright.
It’s an amazing idea, beautiful design, everything! :) For me though the above would stop me from ever using it. If you could ever find a way to regulate that then I think you’ll have a massively popular site there :)

Yea, I know :(. But I really don’t see a simple way out of this, because this applies for any image-sharing website.

361 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
QBKL says

Yea, I know :(. But I really don’t see a simple way out of this, because this applies for any image-sharing website.

You could at least try and protect your users by putting all damages on the image uploader, and not the ones who use them in good faith. In other words, legal terms that pass the full responsibility on the image uploader.

Also, when someone submits an image, don’t directly display it. Send the person a confirmation email. If they are for real, they’ll take the extra step and this way you’ll also have a real email address to associate with the “terms of upload” agreement.

Indeed, when bad faith is at work you can’t fully protect yourself, but at least, protect yourself and your users by putting the responsibility on uploaders.

201 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
bovver says

Wow, thanks for sharing! Very beautiful images! :)

43 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
hupe-graphics says

Nice site so far, but I also have a problem with licensing. You state that

amost all images on this site (albumarium.com) are under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 license or other Free license
but when I click on an image I can’t see which license this special image has. Also, there are images (uploaded by you?) which has no author applied to it and so I can’t credit the author as needed by CC BY 2.0 Please add more informations for every single image that the uploader needs to fill out. Last but not least: Is there a model release for all photos with people on it? If not they will be useless even if under CC BY 2.0… Thanks
120 posts
+2 more
Flay says

Thanks everyone for the comments! :).

The feedback really helped and I’m preparing a big update – you will be able to filter images by license (you will also clearly see under what license which image is), the upload process will be more comfortable, there will be categories, better UX, ...

120 posts
+2 more
Flay says

My new thread got deleted for some reason, I assume it’s because there is already an existing one (didn’t get any notice).

Albumarium.com has just been completely redesigned and the new version is online. It’s basically a completely different site now. All images are under CC or CC0 and you can filter the non-commercial or commercial licenses – depending on your needs. Or you can just browse the site for inspiration :).

I’d be happy to hear your feedback so that I can keep improving the website.

5407 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Thread Locked >> Self Promotion

I’ve locked this thread as per our Community Guidelines on self-promotion.

Self promotion is not allowed on the Marketplace forums. For examples and clarification, see the section in the link above titled A Note on Self Promotion.
by
by
by
by
by
by