+9 more
damojo says
alchemy

example

can we use it ?
oh please say yes

cmon

i won’t ask anything else for xmas, i promise

Thats impressive, I want us to be able to use it just to see you create an awesome effect with it :)

1173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

Awesome… this will hopefully open up a huge number of options. I also can’t help but feel it might dilute the platform too much if not implemented simply and cleanly.

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

it compiles to Flash so I cant see why you wouldnt be able to :(

I dont know C, wish there were more hours in the day :(

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Motionreactor says
it compiles to Flash so I cant see why you wouldnt be able to :( I dont know C, wish there were more hours in the day :(

With what I can fathom of your grasp of ActionScript… you should have no trouble. ActionScript is based on ECMA and it all comes from C in the first place. Sure there are trickier problems to solve in terms of the language, pointers are of course a common stumbling block… but honestly it is not that hard.

5343 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CodingJack says

I don’t get it, does it just get converted to AS3 ?

+9 more
it compiles to Flash so I cant see why you wouldnt be able to :( I dont know C, wish there were more hours in the day :(
With what I can fathom of your grasp of ActionScript… you should have no trouble. ActionScript is based on ECMA and it all comes from C in the first place. Sure there are trickier problems to solve in terms of the language, pointers are of course a common stumbling block… but honestly it is not that hard.

I had a short course in C++ which was 10 weeks long and didn’t really get on with it, that said i’m gonna have to learn Objective C so I can make apps for the iPhone…

+9 more
I don’t get it, does it just get converted to AS3 ?

its still C but it runs through AVM2 which is what AS3 runs on but because its C its far faster in comparison to standalone AS3 …

4335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+11 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
I had a short course in C++ which was 10 weeks long and didn’t really get on with it, that said i’m gonna have to learn Objective C so I can make apps for the iPhone…

How are you going to go about installing the iPhone SDK , are you going to run a snow leopard on a Virtual Machine, or buy a mac?

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
Motionreactor says

From my own experience, I have found Objective C to be confusing… but it has some awesome features. It may still be a wise move to grasp C, since it is literally the foundation of Objective C without the confusing OOP layered on or the additional learning required to grasp the OsX Cocoa framework.

by
by
by
by
by
by