2 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
studio35design says

Has anyone experienced this issue? All evanto sites (themeforest, codecayon.net, etc..) run really really, snail crawling slow. Thats when they run at all, as they mostly just hang and refused to load.This has been a daily thing for the last 6 months at least.

This is especially bad when trying to preview a demo theme or when trying to view my “downloads” area.

I have this issue on safari, chrome and firefox, and I’m no a really fast 25+ mbps connection.

2274 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+12 more
contrastblack Staff says

I’ve had longer usage spans from different geo-locations, and over 3 years, I’ve never experienced anything of the sort, except for when I had dns issues. :O

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
studio35design says

I’ve been using it for years, but never had that issues until the last 6 months or so. Now its almost unusable. Its really frustrating, especially because I use the various sites so much.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Sounds like your DNS – I would change your internet to route through googles public DNS servers – nice and fast and 100% legal – here’s a link:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Hope that helps

Jonathan

201 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
madlep Dev says

I just had a quick look at our server logs, and the website is responding pretty quickly for your requests – usually around 100ms, and nothing slower than 0.5s for the last week. So that looks OK at that end.

Like the other’s have suggested, I’d have a look at your DNS configuration.

It’s also possible that Javascript and/or stylesheets are not loading fast enough, even though the main site is. We host them on separate domains and using Amazon S3, and you might be getting some sort of slow down accessing them which causes the rest of the site load speed to be slower.

If you’re using Safari, turn on the “Develop” menu, and have a look at any slow requests (for more info here)

Note anything there that seems excessively slow (longer than ~1s), and post back here, that would help investigating what the problem is.

by
by
by
by
by
by