346 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

Hi guys, I’ve been looking around the market places today, and just browsing through all of the files – graphic river in particular.

I’ve seen some really cool stuff – resumes/business cards/invoices/general corporate branding items. However, while all of the items are great if you are a webdesigner, I don’t think there are enough items geared towards musicians.

For example – theres some great contract templates available, but I’d love to see some that are created specifically for composers/musicians – composers in particular. I think its a pretty big gap in the marketplace, and considering the size of audiojungle, and the amount of composers on there, theres a big potential market for all of those items.

I know that there was a competition lately to create music templates for themeforest, but I think some of the corporate branding items would do really well. Also, some gadgets/widgets/logos/music stores would really do well in my opinion.

Just a heads up to everyone, that if you’re looking for future items/themes to create, theres a big one that is really missing a lot of needed attention :)

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

The music competition should bring more flash music templates :)
I know that at least i’m working on an awesome music template :D

346 posts
+3 more
musicformedia says

Ooh interesting :) Yea looking forward to what that competition will bring

2201 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

Communicate your needs to us as a composer/musician and we will be able to better design items geared towards that target group. Most of the items I review are geared towards designers, which in itself is quite odd in my opinion since designers make their own items. I’ve never seen a serious designer who hasn’t designed his own cards. Of course exceptions can be made for logos, since those are specific items.

But yeah, I have no idea what a composer would need from an IA standpoint with regards to the regular small business owner. Changing graphics and styles is easy, but is there any special content you want on your card as a musician?

492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
avenue28 says
Communicate your needs to us as a composer/musician and we will be able to better design items geared towards that target group. Most of the items I review are geared towards designers, which in itself is quite odd in my opinion since designers make their own items. I’ve never seen a serious designer who hasn’t designed his own cards. Of course exceptions can be made for logos, since those are specific items. But yeah, I have no idea what a composer would need from an IA standpoint with regards to the regular small business owner. Changing graphics and styles is easy, but is there any special content you want on your card as a musician?

Totally agree. I guess most of the templates and other things over here are done in the context of designers because we all are designers ourselves and so we have a better understanding of the requirements of a typical designer. Of course we can go on the internet and see what the sites of musicians look like, but even then we won’t be as comfortable enough.

346 posts
+3 more
musicformedia says

Good point :) More detail is required.

Well a few things I can think of off the top of my head would be composer’s business cards, composer’s contracts, composer’s widgets (“new tracks this week”, “license my music”, recent awards widget) a few AE logos for musician’s/composers – theres currently none that I can see.

Hmm what else…I think a purely flash site for a composer would be cool – I’m sure there will be some of these pop up with the new competition, but something xml based that composers can easily edit (we’re not webdesigners so its has to be easy :) )

I think we need some other composers to chime in and say what they’d like to see….we’re a very quiet bunch and need to start talking aloud! Come on guys!

I’m in the process of making my own website at the moment from a heavily edited template I bought on themeforest, and I’m just adding little widgets here and there on it, and adapting them for my use, so this is why it came to mind

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says

Well we don’t accept logos on GraphicRiver due to legal stipulations. I was actually more curious about print media requirements. I still can’t think of anything that a musician would need on his business card (in terms of content, not style) that a regular business owner wouldn’t have.

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
robGD says

When I first fired up my site I went looking for a Wordpress template to showcase my latest tracks. I ended up buying a portfolio template designed for a web developer/graphic artist. I think a Wordpress template with a dedicated audio player and a way to easily add tracks with buy links would be cool. Also this template should have an easily replaced background image(s) that can be changed in a config file. Right now I’m embedding quicktime for maximum compatibility. You can visit my site on an iPhone/iPod Touch and preview my tracks without using flash. A good theme with ways to list and preview audio and blog would sell like hot cakes.

My site:

346 posts
+3 more
musicformedia says
Well we don’t accept logos on GraphicRiver due to legal stipulations. I was actually more curious about print media requirements. I still can’t think of anything that a musician would need on his business card (in terms of content, not style) that a regular business owner wouldn’t have.

I was actually talking about those After Effects logo things that they have – opening sequences and stuff. Sorry I don’t know the technical term, but some musical after effects things would be cool.

In terms of business cards, some designs relating to music would be nice. I have seen some nice ones for general business cards, but they are quite plain.

There are some really cool ones there if you are a web designer or illustrator, but theres none geared towards music. I’m not a designer, so I don’t really know how you’d go about it, but adding some images relating to music would work – say make a business card for a film composer (which I’ve never seen before), and add images like a film reel, and some music notes (I’m sure theres a better way of doing it, but thats just an example).

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says

Okay I understand that, but apart from that you don’t have any actual content needs? No specific information for artists. Just the usual set of contact details and so on then.

by
by
by
by
by
by