• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Thanks Music Media for help us authors open our eyes to a big potential niche…can I contact you by msn or email to develop some AE stuff for musicians?

346 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
musicformedia says

Absolutely by all means. Contact me through my profile, and we can chat.

In terms of things needed for business cards Arik, I suppose more of a music theme in general, no content required that is different, but more of a general theme. How about even changing the format up a bit of the cards, and have

Name, website, demo reel, services offered

I know that a lot of business cards are based on this, but it would be cool to see something new soley for musicians – I’m not sure of what you could do thats different, but you guys are the designers hee hee :) Shake things up a bit and try new things :)

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

Could elaborate on the demo reel? Not sure what you mean there.

I was toying with the idea to create a card that could double function as a sleeve for a cd or mini disc (more compact).

346 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
musicformedia says

I was toying with the idea to create a card that could double function as a sleeve for a cd or mini disc (more compact).

By demo reel, I mean a short reel of examples of films you have scored for – just a video player ever with a number of videos in it, but maybe create something more original for the demo reel – I’m sure theres a better way of doing it possibly.

That idea of the mini cd business card is a really cool idea – I like that a hell of a lot! Thats exactly what I’m talking about in terms of being creative with business cards for musicians.

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

By demo reel, I mean a short reel of examples of films you have scored for – just a video player ever with a number of videos in it, but maybe create something more original for the demo reel – I’m sure theres a better way of doing it possibly.

That idea of the mini cd business card is a really cool idea – I like that a hell of a lot! Thats exactly what I’m talking about in terms of being creative with business cards for musicians.

Oh okay now I get it, I was referring specifically to print items though. So until we get electronic paper (another year or 3) demo reels on cards are a bit out of the question at the moment.

2075 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
LanceSnider says

Oh okay now I get it, I was referring specifically to print items though. So until we get electronic paper (another year or 3) demo reels on cards are a bit out of the question at the moment.

I’ve used those business card cd’s for a client before. I thought they turned out petty cool. Has anyone on GR done a design for a CD case including front, back, sides, and the cd itself? That’d be pretty cool I think.
2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
I’ve used those business card cd’s for a client before. I thought they turned out petty cool. Has anyone on GR done a design for a CD case including front, back, sides, and the cd itself? That’d be pretty cool I think.

All of this basically gave me the idea to create an entire identity pack geared towards musicians with gig posters, album art work, business cards etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by