2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
fearunknown says

The theme is $25 but I can only add a $20, $30 and so forth, no option for $25 as that’s almost a standard price for themes and no option to adjust the payment!!!!

9 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
alduin says

That’s what’s preventing me from buying, as well. I shouldn’t have to waste $5 to purchase a theme.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

What’s the biggy guys? You can always spend the 5$ on Graphic River for some nice backgrounds or icons etc. Or on every other Envato marketplace ;)

9 posts
alduin says

What’s the biggy with allowing us to only pay for what we want? I can certainly understand the reasoning behind a minimum amount to save on transfer fees.

Once you’re over that minimum though, restricting transfers to increments of $10 is just a means to make sure people end up with cash in their account that they don’t use, which then becomes the property of envato.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Or you could create a template or something and make a little money, then you wouldn’t need to deposit any money! ;)

I wonder how much of an increase in sales Envato would get if they provided a way to purchase items with a credit card or something without the need for someone to have a paypal account. I know lots of people that are scared of paypal and don’t purchase things online if they have to use paypal.

Also if they offered a way to deposit any amount (with a minimum) or purchase and just pay the exact amount.

Could be a huge number of sales they’re missing out on but Envato has done their research on stuff like this so I’m sure they have really good reasoning for the way the system is setup.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Sure it’s all part of the game and I accept it. If You go to Your local store to buy milk they charge You 4.99 so every 0.01 is actually going directly in their pocket and then when You multiply that with thousands and thousands of customers …. Btw. Envato does not take Your money, You can do with it whatever You want, and the local store does take Your money actually ;)

9 posts
alduin says
Sure it’s all part of the game and I accept it. If You go to Your local store to buy milk they charge You 4.99 so every 0.01 is actually going directly in their pocket and then when You multiply that with thousands and thousands of customers ….

Just like the local store, Envato takes a cut of every sale. The store doesn’t make the milk, they buy it from a dairy. Envato doesn’t create the themes, they just act as the middle-man for the developers.

Btw. Envato does not take Your money, You can do with it whatever You want, and the local store does take Your money actually ;)

Where does the “expired” money go if not to Envato?

322 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says
Sure it’s all part of the game and I accept it. If You go to Your local store to buy milk they charge You 4.99 so every 0.01 is actually going directly in their pocket and then when You multiply that with thousands and thousands of customers …. Btw. Envato does not take Your money, You can do with it whatever You want, and the local store does take Your money actually
what are you talking about? your not allowed to ask for your penny back?
I agree with you that it should be increments of what ever you like. Spend your money at Graphic River, build a template…how about listening to customers and giving them what they want.
9 posts
alduin says
I agree with you that it should be increments of what ever you like.

I’d be happy with just being able to deposit in increments of $5. After all, many of the template prices end in a 5, so it’s a built-in chance of the user just defaulting that extra $5 if they only want one template.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
I agree with you that it should be increments of what ever you like. Spend your money at Graphic River, build a template…how about listening to customers and giving them what they want.

I personally think that it’s very rare when a business can do everything exactly like their customers want. Every successful business rides the happy medium between giving their customers exactly what they want and doing exactly what the business wants to do. This isn’t to say that Envato doesn’t do everything their customers want or at least try to.

Also, just like relationships between people, no business will ever satisfy 100% of their customers. If something begins to bother a high enough percentage of their customers, the business will certainly change to fit the demand if they know what is good for them. If enough people have a problem with the paypment / deposit feature, Envato will most likely change it. The commission rates are a perfect example.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts on the matter. :)

Oh yeah, also remember that this feature is better for authors too. It encourages people to try to use that little extra money even if it means spending just a little more. This is a very very commonly used business practice which in this case also helps some of Envato’s customers (us authors).

by
by
by
by
by
by